Don't worry, it's pretty cheap. Talk about ~1$. By the way, anyone got an idea what may cause wrong raw BSI value readings + wrong bme battery SoC readings at the same time?...

Also, could You re-try all "{cat /sys/class (...)" again? With full battery?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-07-20 at 20:23.

bme state of charge readings depend on correct BSI. If BSI is wrong, bme SOC measurement is also wrong, frozen, or always 0.

The Following User Says Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Venezuela
I retried "cat /sys/class/..."
Have the same results but /charge_full wich gives '2056320' value

The Following User Says Thank You to jvollmann For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by jvollmann View Post
I could compile the file!
I just found the time to do this - mind letting me know what options you entered into the compiler command to get it to compile when you got it working?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Can anyone with access to desktop PC and device *not* affected by problem (Mentalist, I'm looking at You, cause others following this thread probably won't dare ) flash framebuffer kernel and check which bootstate is used during normal boot?
I always run a kernel with framebuffer (as you know by my shell-at-boot thing): However, I just got my N900 into a not booting state, thanks to, of course, my skill at making mistakes in my /sbin/preinit modifications. (I think I forgot to close a "for" loop with a "done" again.) So I'll let you know when I get the device running and flashed to the right kernel, etc, etc, again.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Ah, I figured it out: To use the libcal library, I needed to add the "-lcal" flag to the gcc command. Also, using '-Wall' was making it not compile because of an implicit mention of ioctl or something like that. Without that it compiled fine. I'm gonna test it as soon as the CSSU and busybox-power are installed on my N900 again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Venezuela
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Ah, I figured it out: To use the libcal library, I needed to add the "-lcal" flag to the gcc command. Also, using '-Wall' was making it not compile because of an implicit mention of ioctl or something like that. Without that it compiled fine. I'm gonna test it as soon as the CSSU and busybox-power are installed on my N900 again.
You're right.. I forgot to tell how I could finally compile the file!
Just using -lcal flag as you said (compile for armel) is enough...

The Following User Says Thank You to jvollmann For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
What the hell is /dev/tw14030-adc ?!
Off the top of my head, I think it's something to do with the battery, obviously, but I don't remember what. One of the watchdogs is at /dev/tw14030_wdt (as you can see in bootmenu, and in my /sbin/preinit boot-shell mod), but that's all I can say. Also, I THINK pali mentions tw14030 in the post where he posted his original getbootstate open-source backport+clone. Speaking of, I'm about to test pali's open source getbootstate. Wish me luck and such.

Coming back to this tho:
Originally Posted by Estel
1. Be sure that "USER" is our plain, everyday normal bootstate, cause You're obviously now getting "USER" bootstate.

Can anyone with access to desktop PC and device *not* affected by problem (Mentalist, I'm looking at You, cause others following this thread probably won't dare ) flash framebuffer kernel and check which bootstate is used during normal boot?
With R&D mode off and framebuffer running on power kernel 47, I can verify it looks like the correct/normal state is "USER". (Actually I think it's the correct state with R&D mode on too.)

Originally Posted by jvollmann View Post
You're right.. I forgot to tell how I could finally compile the file!
Just using -lcal flag as you said (compile for armel) is enough...
You know what else is awesome? This just solved something I didn't know how to do for a couple of months (I was writing a command-line tool to change R&D Mode flags on-device - qwerty12 made one in the old days long forgotten that has a simple GUI, but it's gui-ONLY and not useful from the recovery consoles, which you may want to turn R&D mode on/off from).

ANYWAY - I've just rebooted my N900 using the open source getbootstate and it WORKED. Now, it worked only ONCE, since I have only rebooted with it once. But it worked, no R&D mode on or anything, no errors thrown out. I call that reason to tentatively get our hopes up.

Rebooted again a second time. Still boots fine - however I noticed that at first it said "Entering state SHUTDOWN" each time at boot. Since my memory sucks I don't quiet remember if this is the same getbootstate behavior as the closed source getbootstate binary gave after a normal shutdown+turn on...Or if this is the same thing that I just said had the 'correct' state of USER just two posts ago (since USER appears in one place for sure during normal boot, and if I recall correctly it shows up where SHUTDOWN is showing up for me now... Except this time I'm really not sure I recall correctly..).