Hi,

I just got a new number registered on Google voice talk. I have also installed Dial Central on my n900.

The question is how can i make free local ( US ) calls using Google voice which i use to make with my browser.

Can any one explain me that in steps?

I am running out of minutes and would like to use this as I don't want to over use my minutes.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Regards,

RR

Last edited by rrdbala; 2011-06-13 at 14:48. Reason: typo correction

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
There is no such thing as a free call. You need a good data plan to do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I know it's a kind of VOIP.

I have a unlimited data plan on my mobile. I have also installed Dial Central but unable place any locals calls within US which is free.

How can i achieve that ?

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
well, i personally use TOR, the-one-ring, that's a GV conversations plugin, btw, have you changed routing calls to your mobile in GV settings at web site?

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your reply.

Yes , I have routed the calls to my GV number to my mobile. Let me try installing TOR as you suggested.

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
well, i personally use TOR, the-one-ring, that's a GV conversations plugin, btw, have you changed routing calls to your mobile in GV settings at web site?
Hi - Just one Question, i looked up in DEVL, TESTING and EXTRAS bit couldn't find the application. Please let me know if you know the command line to install this app or full name of this application to search for?

Thanks,

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Use qgvdial.
Wait... haven't I responded to some of your posts before?
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
Originally Posted by rrdbala View Post
Thanks for your reply.

Yes , I have routed the calls to my GV number to my mobile. Let me try installing TOR as you suggested.
It won't work this way. Get a sipgate accout (it is free). Add it to google voice and now add sip account of sipgate to your n900. In dial central put sipgate phone as dail out. Place call from dial central, pick up sip gate incoming sip call. Enjoi!!! I am doing the same. there is a big thread on this.

Originally Posted by mehulrajput View Post
It won't work this way. Get a sipgate accout (it is free). Add it to google voice and now add sip account of sipgate to your n900. In dial central put sipgate phone as dail out. Place call from dial central, pick up sip gate incoming sip call. Enjoi!!! I am doing the same. there is a big thread on this.
Where is that "big thread?"