Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by bryanvr6 View Post
Hi all.

I have had an N900 for over a year and a half now, and can honestly say it's one of the worst phones I have ever had. I seem to have nothing but problems with it.

About 8 months ago the USB port broke, so not able to connect, or charge (without use of a dock for battery charging, which is what I've been doing). I've put off getting the phone repaired (or replaced with a more rubbish phone by the looks of it from what I've read) because I have lots of photos on my phone which I can't transfer because the socket is knackered. Oh BTW, camera doesn't work any more either. Anyway, today I finally got so sick of it I thought I will try and find a way to upload the pics from the phone wirelessly. NIGHTMARE !!

I have tried ovi share (or something like that) which doesn't seem to work at all. I have also just installed facebook mobile so I can maybe use the photo uploader from that, and guess what .... FAIL !!! When I try to validate the FB account and it tries to connect, I just get a message flashing up "server certificate was not trusted" and given no option to override it or anything.

I am now at my wits end, and wondering if anyone can give me any advice as to how I can reliably get my photos off of this lump of crap and get rid of it !!! Oh, and my wife has an N97 mini ... don't even get me started on that !!! Nokia have been my preferred choice for around 10 - 15 years. No more, and such a shame.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Your getting loads of advice from owners of the N900 and as much as i sympathise with you the device is NOT a piece of crap as you put it, you have suffered the only real problem it has with the usb port coming away.

Please remember your on a community FULL of people who actually LOVE this "piece of crap" so try to be kinder in your words ok.

PS the help you will get on here is more than you will get from anywhere in this world so be happy for that

id just zip them up and upload the file. would take 2 minutes.

The Following User Says Thank You to crail For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
What I don't understand is how can anyone spend 8 months without file transfers, for like I don't know, backups? I'd have gone crazy with nerd-paranoia after 2 months or something...

As suggested, either use a memory card (they cost nothing these days) or install the SSH+WinSCP combo, although be advised that it's relatively slow, though still extremely convenient due to root access. I'm lazy, so I even move music and backupmenu backups (+700MB) with it.

After you have extracted all the data you want, send the device to "receive some repair" (they will likely send you an N8/E7 as a replacement).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aonsaithya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
A year and a half and all of your posts were written in this "horrible" thread. This just means you are not interested in any other possibility of this phone other then calling and texting, which also leads to another conlusion.. You haven't read anything about this phone, before you bought it. Now you start to complai, instead of trying to fix your issues.... lame

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
I had the exact same problem, the usb port broke very easy.
I sent the phone to them and they repaired it for free but it took 1-2 weeks I think and they also deleted everything that was on the phone.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Vienna
Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
there's a sync program available that updates your time and date when ever you connect forgot the name at the mo will have a look now though

sync-time-now-widget (manual)
openrdate(automatic)
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...hlight=ntpdate