Active Topics

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ United Kingdom
Long Version

so as i said in my other post that my usb port was breaking and it eventually did. i sent it to Nokia and i spoke to them today.

Nokia is now saying their going to send me an e7. i said that i didnt want an e7 and would take an n9 because the n9 doesnt run symbian.
However Nokia said wait until i receive the e7 and then ring us back.
So when i recieve it im going to ring them up and complain how bad the e7 is. the only thing is, is that i want more reasons as to why the e7 is not good enough to replace my beloved n900.

the only thing i have atm is that Symbian is crap.

Short Version

My N900 Broke and nokia wants to send me a e7. help me give reasons as to why the e7 is crap. and why they should give me the n9.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
Why don't you simply use it? If it's crap, you will find several issues with it on your own.

And belle is already leaked for E7, and the feedback is tremendously positive. It can be a really good replacement, depending on you real sue of the device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Verythrax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Take the replacement, start documenting why you don't like it, and when/if/maybenever the N9 comes out, ring them up and tell them why you don't like the E7.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Verythrax View Post
Why don't you simply use it? If it's crap, you will find several issues with it on your own.

And belle is already leaked for E7, and the feedback is tremendously positive. It can be a really good replacement, depending on you real sue of the device.
It's leaked for the N8 not the E7.

Back on topic though, the E7 is a good phone, specially after the update to Anna. I still miss my N900 though

Originally Posted by azy141 View Post
Long Version

so as i said in my other post that my usb port was breaking and it eventually did. i sent it to Nokia and i spoke to them today.

Nokia is now saying their going to send me an e7. i said that i didnt want an e7 and would take an n9 because the n9 doesnt run symbian.
However Nokia said wait until i receive the e7 and then ring us back.
So when i recieve it im going to ring them up and complain how bad the e7 is. the only thing is, is that i want more reasons as to why the e7 is not good enough to replace my beloved n900.

the only thing i have atm is that Symbian is crap.

Short Version

My N900 Broke and nokia wants to send me a e7. help me give reasons as to why the e7 is crap. and why they should give me the n9.
1. Accept E7/N8.
2. Sell on 'bay/amazon as unopened/NEW.
3. Profit.
4. Buy device of your choice.
5. Spend change on special brew.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
So, let me get this straight...

You want reasons to tell a company that their product is crap, so you can get a different and unreleased product? You can't think of your own reasons that you don't want the E7, yet you don't want an E7?

If I was handling your case for Nokia Care, I'd tell you to go fly a kite. Infact, I'd keep the N900, send you an N97 with no warranty and then pretend you didn't exist.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
just sell the device if you really don't like it. I swapped an e7 for a brand new N900 and some money granted it didn't come with the box, but I told the guy I didn't want the box.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Just tell them you want an N900. They'll eventually send it to you.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
The E7 is not crap actually, and although there are some hardware compromises (no stereo speakers, EDOF cam, no microsd and only 16gb), it is some damn nice hardware, and IMHO the best slider currently available (N950 excluded as you need to be a demigod to get one). Symbian also is getting better, especially since Anna. Belle looks good as well.

The wife needed a new phone, and wanted a qwerty slider, and I researched heavily, before deciding the E7 was the best out there.

Symbian has some cool stuff available for it - check out nokia beta labs for example.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ United Kingdom
so your saying the e7 is actually good. i heard that its a load of crap? when i spoke to nokia they said if you dont like the phone ring us back and we'll escalate the issue. i said i was willing to wait a while if they could get me one and they just said wait until you get it?