Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
He will stay on as Chairman of the board. I wonder if Tim Cooke is a worthy successor. This is a blow for Apple. I have greatest admiration for Steve Jobs. A true leader!

I just saw this too.

I bet he still be up on stage for the big launches tho, health permitting that is.

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
I just saw this too.

I bet he still be up on stage for the big launches tho, health permitting that is.
Great presenter. He knows how to hype.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
In before the fanboys declare Apple dead in the water.

His resignation was inevitable. Now it's up to Apple to continue their singular approach to presentation, sales and product development.

I'm quite sure the next few iterations of the iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, et al are already planned out. The true test of Apple's mettle will come probably next summer or so.

Regardless... not a sad day. A man doing his job, taking them from 2.17 Billion in 1997 to 348.75 Billion in 2011 is not bad work.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
In before the fanboys declare Apple dead in the water.

His resignation was inevitable. Now it's up to Apple to continue their singular approach to presentation, sales and product development.

I'm quite sure the next few iterations of the iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, et al are already planned out. The true test of Apple's mettle will come probably next summer or so.

Regardless... not a sad day. A man doing his job, taking them from 2.17 Billion in 1997 to 348.75 Billion in 2011 is not bad work.

Did you listen to his commencement speech at Stanford? Very moving. He was adopted and dropped out of college due to expense, that his low middle class parents couldn't afford.

This is quite sad news, but we knew it will eventually happen. All the best for him.

i don't know Tim Cook but in the 30 years since the tech industry went through boom, i have never seen someone else like Jobs. so i would logically conclude that Tim Cook is not a 100% replacement for Jobs, but probably the 2nd best that he could find.

i am also going to wager that as long as Jobs is still around on the board and as apple employee, he will be working very hard to train / mentor Tim to continue building Apple's success.

will it mean the downfall of Apple eventually? in the short term - no. in the long term - yes. but that's just my guess

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Did you listen to his commencement speech at Stanford? Very moving. He was adopted and dropped out of college due to expense, that his low middle class parents couldn't afford.
yes, true, but he was also hard working and fortunate to be given the chance to change the tech industry. you never know how many other talented people are out there but will die in anonymity because they never had the right chance...

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I vote for Elop to become the next Apple CEO.

My website

GitHub

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I vote for Elop to become the next Apple CEO.
Me too

He has 2 votes already. Anyone else interested???

All the best fot Jobs thought.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:

Tags
jobs gone, n9 still noshow