Notices

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
both n95 & n900 take great photos.

but n900 is a little better. anyone saying the opposite is a noob.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Canada
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
both n95 & n900 take great photos.

but n900 is a little better. anyone saying the opposite is a noob.
no u r wrong wht prove u have to say this? n95 is much better good cmos sensor and wide focal length ok have u ever chked out the specs or just talking in air?

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by n70shan View Post
no u r wrong wht prove u have to say this? n95 is much better good cmos sensor and wide focal length ok have u ever chked out the specs or just talking in air?
I have both. Those are the two devices I use.
I have the N900 for 9 months , I have been using the N95 for over two years now.

N900 is superior to N95 even in low light situations. It just is.
i repeat , both devices take great pictures.

these are on 3.2mp:
Attached Images

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2011-08-28 at 10:10.

I loved the N95 8gb cam, it was very reliable.
I actually stopped using the n900s camera, because it was rather luck than anything else whether the picture turns out nice or not. Yes, you can (sometimes with a lot of luck) get a nice picture (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=91)...

For the low light, please, first think then complain. All phone cams have tiny sensors and hence tiny pixel size. While the readout noise is not decreasing with smaller pizel size, the light gathered per pixel does. The signal to noise ratio is doomed to be bad with low light levels. And there is pretty much nothing you can do here, except buying a real camera with a large sensor ...
(Edit: ...not fully true, you can in theory improve your noise level by cooling the sensor to like -40C - which is done in many scientific cameras -, however I would not recommend that for obvious reasons)

Last edited by stone17; 2011-08-28 at 05:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to stone17 For This Useful Post:
i have been using n900 for 2 months i wana share my results about its cam. its too noisy especially in low lite and when try to zoom pixels get distorted. what the Fcuk is this carl ziess lens . my old n95 8gb was 100 times better then this n900. i also hve overclcked it to 800 bt no good happning. i also tried bless n900 and fcamera both are fcking bad can anyone solve my pixels problem? any software? any script? thankss for help
why you do not upload some pics (with settings) ,I think you could have hardware problems to.
just a thought... is not to hot your phone when taking pictures ...i think in low light metters

I face this problem too... spent a whole vacation taking pictures with my n900...

When i opened them in computer, the pictures were far worse (low color intensity, and more 'smudgy') than my friend's X6 (same 5MP camera, Symbian)

After that I lost the complete trust of my N900 for pictures... very sad

Just Pull Off The Back Cover..it makes alotta difference

The Following User Says Thank You to studhood For This Useful Post:
I infact painted the entire back cover and chrome black using a permanent marker.... so it is non reflective and black, but still...

could it be the software/drivers??

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Netherlands
i have been using n900 for 2 months i wana share my results about its cam. its too noisy especially in low lite and when try to zoom pixels get distorted. what the Fcuk is this carl ziess lens . my old n95 8gb was 100 times better then this n900. i also hve overclcked it to 800 bt no good happning. i also tried bless n900 and fcamera both are fcking bad can anyone solve my pixels problem? any software? any script? thankss for help
have you tried the application LowLight in extra-testing or devel

The camera is fine for photographs,
but for video it is hopelessly bordering on useless
due to the segmentation of videos over 2s long
which induces
this......weird......stop......and......go......mo tion......video
which is embarrassing even to discuss
which is why no one discusses it I supose

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900