Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Whoa, MAG, this is better than the stock media player by miles.

Complaints:
The "shuffle songs" icon is way too small.
The blue gradient highlight around the album is way too big - the stock media player only has about 2px padding on the left, right and top.
Album titles are center-aligned, and thus clip at the left and right if they're too big. Can you just show ellipses if the string on one line exceeds a certain number of characters?

Other than that, this thing is VERY smooth.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2011-10-15 at 14:31.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Caracas Venezuela
how can i install this app??? i mean i know that there was a script to get it work....but is there a new way to install it??? ...im asking because i see some tar files in the pages 45 and 46...

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
Just search this thread for install and you will see it.

Hint: You first need to decompress the archive and then you see the install script inside it.

To the rest of you thanks for some nice work.

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Album titles are center-aligned, and thus clip at the left and right if they're too big.
I'm trying to spot that, but there are many places where you can find an album name. Can you be more specific?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
I meant that if you've got the latest version, pressing the picture should change the size of cover art from smaller for the playlist to bigger for the moving bar.

Edit: Or better yet, try the atteched build. Besides a more recent date in the about window, you can find:
  • Video bookmarks, including screenshots. When you close a video, progress is saved and restored next time you open that video.
  • Deleting songs from "All songs" is back.
  • Share/delete videos from their context menu.
  • Sliders don't miss short clicks and volume slider in the radio window finally works.
  • Sorting for the video list. "Latest" is by the date when an item was added to the database and "categories" is by the source device, so local recordings are kept together. It's still not a full-fledged categor view, but I guess it's better than a button that doesn't even work.
Also, progress sliders have a new behavior: seeking the media is done after releasing a slider. This way they work smoother, but you can't see the result in real-time. Let me know whether you think it's an improvement or not.
Thanks. Now it shows October in the about. Keep up the good work!

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Could anyone maybe, just maybe get a version of this up into extras-devel?

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Why should one?
It's beta and needs more testing...
For exmaple. The playlist view, while playing doesn't show the name of the songs, neither does it show anything, but after the song is skipped, the item is being showed. So i can see the items only after they've been played

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Why should one [put OMP in Exrtas-devel]?
It's beta and needs more testing...
Is that not the point of devel? Stuff which is under development, not yet a candidate for releasing to the mainstream in Extras, but easily available to those hardy souls who want to risk potentially broken software, allowing them to report bugs back?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
I wonder if by "playlist" you mean the "All songs" view? zdanee's solution might be what you're looking for. In case 30 songs are not enough, I think I'll make the number configurable.

You were right, check this out: http://gitorious.org/~gidzzz/qt-medi...ow.cpp#line736. If you need help compiling, let me know. I wounder if that function can be dropped, or do you have something else installed that takes care of bluetooth headsets?

Can anyone confirm/deny pawelstryju's report?

Last time I changed the language to play with translations, clock was reset, phone locked by My Nokia screen, and since then I'm not eager to try it once again. Maybe I'll force myself this weekend.

It disables the notification that the transmitter can't be turned on if you have something in the headphone jack. I've read that it's useful with fmtxd, but I don't have it installed, so I cannot answer first-hand.

Categories view, when it's finished, will probably have something like that, maybe with tiny thumbnails on each row.
Hi yes mate thats not what i want 30 recently added songs is not enough i wanted all the songs to be arranged in order as of recently added songs please! Also ive found a bit of a bug which is fm transmitter which i manually set to 102.1 but when ive closed the OMP and use it next time it goes back to 102 and doesnt remember the last set frequency which in this case is 102.1 as 102 in my case has another radio playing plus the car stereo doesnt pick anything up! so i have to manually set it each time!

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
Is that not the point of devel? Stuff which is under development, not yet a candidate for releasing to the mainstream in Extras, but easily available to those hardy souls who want to risk potentially broken software, allowing them to report bugs back?
In most cases this should be in extras-devel, but like CameraUI2, this is a candidate to be part of CSSU, so it will appear in its repo soon enough (I guess)

BTW would it mess up any dependencies if a package gets into CSSU repo from extras-devel?

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse