Active Topics

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Agree on low voltages note, but dsp-recover won't work as bridgedriver required to play 720p is comiled with new IOCTLs while dsp-recover uses old (AFAIK).

What could be done is:

rmmod bridgedriver
modprobe bridgedriver
killall mafw-dbus-wrapper

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
Oups, did not though about the 720p effect ^^

Thanx for the new process, be sure i will write it somewhere

@Mitrigol - Don't write it, hopefully in a week or two I will clean up all the remaining issues in Harmattan bridgedriver, which has it's own auto-recovery feature, watchdog, etc.

@all - is it possible some of you with n9/n950 to request gstreamer-dsp source code from Nokia, as both me and Pali did not receive an answer from its author. The binary package version is gstreamer0.10-dsp-0.9.0-6+0m6 and it is LGPLed.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
- Is not DSP or driver. I ran DSP at 700 Mhz , makes no difference. BTW looking at kernel Harmattan code it seems that 3630 DSP can run @ 870 MHz , but DSP driver clocks it up to 600. That is why n950 owners cannot play high profile H264 smoothly. And I really wonder what 3430 real limits are, because on my HW rev 2204 DSP runs @ 790 MHz without overvolting (i.e. at 60, which is stock Nokia voltage for 600MHz CPU clock). And it seems my previous statement that 790 Mhz is maximum limit for overclocking is incorrect, next CPU clock is 805, maybe DSP will run @ 805 and above too.
Does Kernel-Power really accept DSP frequencies over 520MHz?
In latest overclock.diff in garage says that max DSP speed is still 520M or at least 520M is highest value in that file.
Or is it possible to overclock DSP by selecting just some clock values out of the DSP speed list?

Last edited by Gusse; 2011-10-18 at 11:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gusse For This Useful Post:
Yes, it is possible, limit in overclock.diff is 600 but i've recompiled it with limit set to 800. TBH there is something strange in kernel-power re DSP bridge clocks, still not found what exactly and that is what stops me to send new patch to pali with bridgedriver from Harmattan. Everything else seems to run perfectly. And I also made it compatible with both old and new DSP ioctls, so for 720p no different driver will be needed, neither new libbridge. I will need just a couple of days to fugure out how exactly are clocks managed and it will be ready

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
@freemangordon the script needs to add chmod to rootfextr etc because in some cases (me) the execute rights were not there

which caused the script to fail when u try to extract data from rootfs.loop

kiitos paljon as they say in finland! great work!

The Following User Says Thank You to carloxic For This Useful Post:
Strange, executables are compressed in archive with correct permissions, maybe it is something with the way you've decompressed it. Anyway, for now I won't make any changes in scripts as I am focused on driver, but once it is stable enough I plan to make a package in extras-devel with user friendly installer and lots more error checking. But that is somewhere in near future .

BTW patches / modifications to script (as any other help) are welcomed.

Re 720p recording - I was able to succesfully record stable 720p@25 with camera-ui and no stuttering at all, still have to find a way how to include needed modifications (and what are the correct values). In short what is needed is:

-600Mhz DSP clock
-CPU locked to 900 (or more)
-renice 30 `pidof camera-ui`
-renice 30 `pidof Xorg`
and most important
-tracker-processes -t (or -k)

In addition renice -20 or so is needed for DSP mailbox workqueue kernel thread. It is something like [bridge_queue] or so.

And yes, lowering priority of camera-ui and X server is needed, the nice sign in renice commands above is not a typo.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Nice. Question: is the compression rate fixed, or definable? Because Nokia put the frame compression too high IMHO...

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Strange, executables are compressed in archive with correct permissions, maybe it is something with the way you've decompressed it. Anyway, for now I won't make any changes in scripts as I am focused on driver, but once it is stable enough I plan to make a package in extras-devel with user friendly installer and lots more error checking. But that is somewhere in near future .
I simply ran your script... and i remember seeing some error messages saying something like "cannot preserve permissions".
Right now I'm trying to find out why I cannot mount the loop device with the rootfs loop file. It says "block device required".
I progress slowly during my commuting breaks

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
i noticed this.. i was able to play very high profile videos at 1024*546.. the details of video are
bitrate:21000@30fps
total bitrate:21997
audio:48000hz@320kb/s
conversions i tried:HD avi,HD h.264 and HD mov.. but when i changed the video resolution to 1024*600 there were glitches(same bitrate and other stuffs)
freemangordon y is it like this??? its too close to 720p and it doesnt play properly..

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player