Active Topics

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Paris
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Kudo for Pinsh, thanks to you, I've just found syncevolution.

Just a little tip, there is no need to make the configuratio through the command line. The GUI works well and makes the job perfectly.

Didn't test the Google Contacts sync yet, just the calendar.
Hello Romu

how do you do to sync your google calendar ? What do you put on the field the gui provide ?

I had try this but it didn't work :
sync url : https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/...olution=Google
web url : empty or http://www.google.com
username : myusername or myusername@google.com
password : mypassword
calendar database : calendar
calendar synchronization : normal sync
calendar source N900

and when i try synchronize, i get error 10500

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Chicago, IL
I also am having trouble gui or command line. get errors that cannot connect/bad host name, or bad databases...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
HELP!

been using SE for couple of months now across 4 calendars. this morning I turned my phone on and it said something about a parent died unexpectedly. I rebooted my phone then realised it has wiped everything off all calendars, and the only 2 visible calendars are N900 and private, even birthdays had been deleted on my handset.

any idea how or why this has happened?

even after recreating the calendars on n900 I cannot sync, either get 403 or 500 errors, and the main calendar that managed to sync has deleted every one of my google calendar events.

edit - now is constantly 10500 error.

in other words I feel a bit desparate righr now!

Last edited by LaptopU; 2011-12-05 at 09:17.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have solved the problem but it was blooming hard work. Eventually I gave up trying to sort it on the handset so I reflashed my phone, installed the latest one again via extras-devel, then it didn't like the settings it remembered so I deleted the accounts and set them up from scratch.

That worked but I'd love to know why the problem happened in the first place, this deleted all my calendar events and it's only lucky that I had another device that hadn't sync'd to google so I still had them, if it wasn't for that I would have lost everything.

I have installed both erminig and SE, and tried both. ERminig syncs OK, but it doesn't update events i create in my N900, only updates from Google Calendar. SE gives an error:
"Syncronization failed:child proces failed:error code from SynceEvolution fatal error"

SE version is 0.12, tried setting it up with both GUI and also with xterminal as explained in this thread.

What is going wrong, can someone help?

Originally Posted by Julien_2006 View Post
Hello Romu

how do you do to sync your google calendar ? What do you put on the field the gui provide ?

I had try this but it didn't work :
sync url : https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/...olution=Google
web url : empty or http://www.google.com
username : myusername or myusername@google.com
password : mypassword
calendar database : calendar
calendar synchronization : normal sync
calendar source N900

and when i try synchronize, i get error 10500
I had the same error and resolved it by not putting a space in the service name!!!
"calendar database" I left empty
"username" with @googlemail.com

I successfully synced a second calendar from my n900 to a second google calendar.
I just replaced the %u in the URL with the calendar id (xyz@@group.calendar.google.com)

The Following User Says Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post: