Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
[...] (By the way if the warranty for anyone's N900 extends into 2013, please let council know and we will influence Nokia to continue with updates into 2013).

[...]
last N900 bought (new) a couple weeks ago, thus warranty extends to October 2013.

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
I have installed this security fix and now I have a problem:

AGPS no longer working.
I checked the setting, it's okay but I don't get located any longer via cell towers.
So no longer FourSqare inside buildings, where there is no GPS signal.
So bad. Is there a fix or trick I have overlooked?
The preset AGPS server is "supl.nokia.com" - is there another server I could use?
Thanks for any help.

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by rm53 View Post
I have installed this security fix and now I have a problem:

AGPS no longer working.
This most probably has nothing to do with the security fix. Use the Google server for AGPS

The Following User Says Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
And the Google Server address is supl.google.com.

The Following User Says Thank You to travla For This Useful Post:
I have not receive the update yet in Hong Kong. Do I need to manually check the App. Manager for it or it will notice me the update just like the others?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
I have not receive the update yet in Hong Kong. Do I need to manually check the App. Manager for it or it will notice me the update just like the others?
Hi there fellow HK N900 user! I just received the notification for the update yesterday evening and updated after getting home. The process took a few mins and so far its been fine. If you haven't received the notification, you can try checking for the update in App. Manager, but it will probably be push through in the next couple of days.

On a more general note, I haven't noticed any additional changes/fixes, and judging by the small size of the update it probably is limited to the security updates. But still, a big thanks should go out to Nokia and the CSSU team for the support! I never thought we would see another official update to the N900 from Nokia and it's welcome no matter how small it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jerex For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by Jerex View Post
Hi there fellow HK N900 user! I just received the notification for the update yesterday evening and updated after getting home. The process took a few mins and so far its been fine. If you haven't received the notification, you can try checking for the update in App. Manager, but it will probably be push through in the next couple of days.

On a more general note, I haven't noticed any additional changes/fixes, and judging by the small size of the update it probably is limited to the security updates. But still, a big thanks should go out to Nokia and the CSSU team for the support! I never thought we would see another official update to the N900 from Nokia and it's welcome no matter how small it is.
it was small like my penis

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
(By the way if the warranty for anyone's N900 extends into 2013, please let council know and we will influence Nokia to continue with updates into 2013).
I bought a second N900 this summer, the warranty of which extends to July 27, 2013. Do you want me to PM extra details to you, or how exactly do I "let the council know"? I could even send a scan of the receipt if it would help!

The Following User Says Thank You to bocephus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
This is a good thread, where we can find all of those, who still don't use cssu

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
I dont use CSSU, I love portrait.
And i'm not sure i will update this patch either

Tags
security