Notices

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Gilbert, AZ, USA
Originally Posted by Djhunt View Post
I am able to open and the authentication completes, but once the song information displays, the application closes. No music is played.
Code:
PLAY
process 1681: arguments to dbus_pending_call_set_notify() were incorrect, assertion "pending != NULL" failed in file dbus-pending-call.c line 598.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
Same here. I think it started with the recent Nokia PR1.3.1 security update...

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Alabama
Originally Posted by jsharper View Post
Same here. I think it started with the recent Nokia PR1.3.1 security update...
I am encountering the same issue, but I have not installed the PR1.3.1 security update.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
I have the issue of failure to authenticate with known good credentials and the program closing. I have tried the various work-arounds suggested in previous posts such as:
  • using a bad password and trying again with good credentials
  • removing and reinstalling python2.5sip-4

As I use this in my low incidence special education class to expose my students to a large variety of music I'd like to have this working for them. My school blocks Pandora or I'd simply log in on my laptop and have at it.

The last time I had this issue a single digit had to be changed in the program because Pandora made a change to what it would recognize. Hopefully this is the same level of change needed to get things right again.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
I fear the dev fatalsaint may be MIA .... sincerely hope not. An API change and an absent dev is what happened to "Groove".

I'm here, I'm here.. Pandora has changed something new. I am looking into it.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
^ Is there any possible way that you can take your source code for this and recompile it with something else that doesn't require 18 septendecillion dependencies?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I'm here, I'm here.. Pandora has changed something new. I am looking into it.
Good news - I confess to peeking at your last activity info and .....

BTW, have you seen the requests for PyRadio for harmattan? Not quite a "septendecillion" of them but a fair number...

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Good news - I confess to peeking at your last activity info and .....

BTW, have you seen the requests for PyRadio for harmattan? Not quite a "septendecillion" of them but a fair number...
I don't come to these forums anymore. I got ran off a while back when I got tired of the ******** and complaining. Then, when Nokia bailed on any hopes I had for an upgrade to my now outdated-and-on-it's-last-legs N900 phone I realized I would become the bullshitter and complainer and as I told numerous other complainers when I was here - there is zero reason to come to another companies forum, or a forum about a specific product, that is not an official forum, to do nothing but complain. So I take my own advice: No need to **** in someone else's backyard to make myself feel better.

I am, however, subscribed to this thread so every time one of you reply I get an email. That tells me to come back and check and see what's going on because A) I still use my own app, and B) I have a responsibility to you guys to keep this app running for at least as long as I own my N900. Unfortunately, I might drop support soon because I am getting more and more frustrated with the N900 and there is no upgrade for me at all. Not in Android, I have no desire for any iProduct or WP.. so I'm screwed.

As for the Harmattan request, I posted in the other thread about it and I put on the wiki about it that I would make it work. Now, I do not own an N950 or N9 to test with, as I said in the other thread, so I need someone with an N9 to get the deb from fremantle and tell me what doesn't work. There honestly should not be much modifications needed to get it to work once I got it working on MeeGo. Which was obviously a waste of damn time.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
^ Is there any possible way that you can take your source code for this and recompile it with something else that doesn't require 18 septendecillion dependencies?
Is it possible? Of course it is. It could be converted to a full QT application in C, or even better, ported to GTK instead which is the native graphic library for N900 and N8x0.

Do I have any desire or motiviation to do such a thing? Nope.. not in the slightest.

Sorry dude.. I'll keep pyRadio working.. but I'm done with feature enhancements as is and definitely am not going to re-write it to make it smaller when I don't even know how long I'll be able to put up with my N900 anymore.

As to the current problems: I know the fix for the AUTH_WEB error people are getting. The dbus error message is because pandora is now sending some ridiculous hex code at the end of the URLs for the audio.

I am looking into how pianobar handles the changes now.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
I appreciate your support for this program. I look forward to the update.

The Following User Says Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Alright.. got it.

Will push for Fremantle users.. Diablo users will need to wait until tonight.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio