Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
Ok I had to connect and disconnect my phone like 8 times before the flasher recognized it but it finally did and the flashing did get rid of the starhub branding.

The nail polish remover I used was some generic cvs drugstore brand, don't use much a little goes a long way.
I was still a little reluctant to use the nail polish remover because it is usually made with acetone which can sometimes be bad for plastic. I took another look at the starhub bead and decided to give it a gentle pinch on the bottom of it near the N9 surface, and, low and behold, it popped off! I wiped the surface with a cloth and there was no sign of the glue. It's not often I'm happy when something is done on the cheap!

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hello
Thank you devilsown for your guide !!!!

Yesterday I received my Nokia N9 - 64GB with Region code for Malaysia (059J238). I live in Israel and I flashed the israeli region code for Nokia N9 64GB (059J1W9).. No problem for now.. The flash process is started automatically after connection with USB cable.. I don't needed to press "Sync" or playing with cable... Only one a little problem, after flashing I still don't have hebrew language in the "text imput" and in UI, Don't know why..

EDIT: problem solved

Last edited by Schturman; 2011-11-22 at 21:08.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Banja Luka
Thanks fro this tutorial, i just flashed my device with Balkan image. Works like a charm.
Can't wait for next one.
Chears.

UK folk - Cant find my code on Navifirm, Are we using the UK Ireland one?

I believe mine is Swiss, if I flash the Swiss version would the language still be UK English after flashing?

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Vancouver, Canada - From, Hamburg, Germany
Awesome guide! Thank your. Worked perfectly.

Model: 059L7G7

Firmware was not available in NaviFirm+ 1.5, chose 059J1V7 instead!

Thank you sooo much

Can't find N9 in the list, I've tried version 0.1, 1.3 and 1.5 of Navifirm and N9's never there;

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance !

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
When I flashed my N9 I had only copied the DFL61_HARMATTAN_20.2011.40-4_*.BIN file into the flash directory. It seems to have worked ok but I was wondering if I should I have also copied the other files that were downloaded when I ran navifirm for the central european version? Perhaps they are auxillary files that are needed? What are those extra files used for?

Thanks

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
When I flashed my N9 I had only copied the DFL61_HARMATTAN_20.2011.40-4_*.BIN file into the flash directory. It seems to have worked ok but I was wondering if I should I have also copied the other files that were downloaded when I ran navifirm for the central european version? Perhaps they are auxillary files that are needed? What are those extra files used for?

Thanks
I wonder about that too. Did the same thing as you, but curious about the other files

guys , i am getting a fiasco error when trying to do the flasher -F flash.bin -f command?

nevermind, i got it flashed

thanks guys