Active Topics

hey I had the same problem with downloading apps from market...

i got mine used and he had done the 1.1 update and reset it for me, and i could not install anything got the same problem as you..

i tried everything but finally i flashed my N9 AGAIN in Phoenix and the problem was solved...

now I can download and install all apps

The Following User Says Thank You to dk_iceman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
you. need. to. re-flash. dude.
there it is......now it's time to read up on how to re-flash.....

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
What are talking about? It was there from almost the beginning of the thread.
Anyway, good to see that you're finally going to give it a shot.

Let me know how it goes dude you can be the guinea pig.
Regardless of warnings the future doesnt scare me at all.

ok.....I've followed everything what it says here

http://blog.makesyouhappy.org/?p=202

nothing happens......I get the message " 'flasher' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

What am I doing wrong???

The Following User Says Thank You to ROne21 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ROne21 View Post
ok.....I've followed everything what it says here

http://blog.makesyouhappy.org/?p=202

nothing happens......I get the message " 'flasher' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

What am I doing wrong???
Hmm....didnt you say you got it second hand? what if the product variant on your sim tray really isnt for your phone?? just a theory. Might because you are getting the wrong firmware. Is there any other way to tell what variant you have?

Originally Posted by rafpac View Post
Hmm....didnt you say you got it second hand? what if the product variant on your sim tray really isnt for your phone?? just a theory. Might because you are getting the wrong firmware. Is there any other way to tell what variant you have?
huh? I bought my N9 brand new.....did you reflash yours? If so, are you able to download and install apps from the store now?

Originally Posted by ROne21 View Post
huh? I bought my N9 brand new.....did you reflash yours? If so, are you able to download and install apps from the store now?
Sorry dude that was dk_iceman who said he bought it second hand and i started thinking it was you. Yes my man it works, Flashing kicks butt! After flashing following the instructions on the link you posted i can install again. Yay its gonna be a pain to get it back the way I like it but still good for me. SO now tell me what is this problem that you are going through where are you located and which country was your phone bought from.

The Following User Says Thank You to rafpac For This Useful Post:
oh i get it you cant even run flasher. which flasher file did you get I suggest heavily that you get winflasher 3.12.1 and what os are you trying to run it from? Have you already downloaded the image from navifirm? DId you notice that there are quite a few files on navifirm always make sure the bin file with dfl 61 and legacy written on it is downloaded. It should be quite big. put that file in the flasher folder where flasher.exe is. now rename the bin file to something smaller i just renamed it to 686_arm.bin. Now if you are running windows open command prompt...I assume you know how to navigate to any directory using command prompt...then go to the flasher folder where the bin file the flasher.exe file is, now type the command given on the instruction.

"flasher -F FIRMWAREIMAGE.bin -f"

Now instead of FIRMWAREIMAGE you type the name of the file you gave the bin file....in my case my command was

'flasher -F 686_arm.bin -f'

and you should be good to go...another command prompt window should open up saying waiting at the end/ Turn off your N9 wait like a few seconds and then plug in the device. when that second window closes you are done, unplug it and the phone turns on by itself and voila!

Hope this helps and I hope I didnt offend you by mentioning unnecessary steps because I have no idea what your ur knowledge level is.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rafpac For This Useful Post:
Success! I'm a happy camper once again.....my first time flashing a device....not too bad.....used many sources to get it done and found no one tutorial is complete....

The Following User Says Thank You to ROne21 For This Useful Post: