Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by coomac View Post
Huh actually had the battery draining like crazy when I had mfe always up to date. I changed it to sync every 30 mins leaving my two gmail accounts as up to date. The battery life is so much better now. Can't say what's messed up on your settings, but you may want to delete and readd the mfe account.
Just get an iphone bud. It simply works. Out of the box. No surprises. No logs to post. Does the job. Over and over, like a faithful dog.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by impact View Post
When the SMTP session ends with an error such as the aforementioned:

[1361] Dec 01 11:39:08 [Debug] SMTP : Closed connection: "550 5.7.1 Rejected 212.152.85.98 listed as spam source at http://www.spamhaus.org

Would it be possible to show the exact text of the error message to the user and not just a generic "could not connect to server" message? Or is there a setting somewhere which can enable this function?
Got an answer from designers. Sorry, it's not possible

Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Will the bug with missing name on sent e-mails be fixed any time soon?
yes, fixed in PR1.2.

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------
About battery drain. I'm using the PR1.2 image and I'm usually charging my device 1.5 times per two days I've got a Facebook account, 2 Skype accounts, 1 google account, 1 POP (other mail) account and 1 exchange account. I'm usually set schedule settings as 10-30 mins for peak interval and 2-4 hours for off-peak. Of course "always up-to-date" will increase your battery consumption, because in this mode we shouldn't close a connection with the server at all.

In addition: http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=63#c5 bug in QMF. Hopefully will be fixed in PR1.2.

P.S. According to "battery usage" application usually one of the most "expensive" app on my device is the Galaxy On Fire

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Last edited by Sergey_Kashin; 2011-12-07 at 14:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Just get an iphone bud. It simply works. Out of the box. No surprises. No logs to post. Does the job. Over and over, like a faithful dog.
No offence, but, why are you even on this forum? Macrumors is just a click away. Not everyone wants an iPhone.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by slashd0t View Post
No offence, but, why are you even on this forum? Macrumors is just a click away. Not everyone wants an iPhone.
because i love my N9 MINUS MFE. Anyone else telling you otherwise is a liar.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
LOL................... epic troll is so epic.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
So what's the fun in that? Maybe the dog you get is a sheep dog...

Hi,
didn't find this discussed in the thread so I am posting my issue:
I have MfE configured with our company Exchange server.
When calendar entry is created on phone, invited contact(s) receive only plain email, not proper Outlook invite.

However, when I modify event previously created on PC on N9, chanaged invite is sent out properly.

Any advice?

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ asheville NC
Just a thought --- ? Is it possible enabling developer mode has something to do with MFE not working with N9? I had to get the developer mode turn on to get my twitter app to work and soon after my MFE stopped connecting. After I did a full wipe and it worked again (didnt realize the developer mode could be a possibility and now I dont want to turn it on). Can someone check my theory if you wish ?

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by Ckris View Post
Hi,
didn't find this discussed in the thread so I am posting my issue:
I have MfE configured with our company Exchange server.
When calendar entry is created on phone, invited contact(s) receive only plain email, not proper Outlook invite.

However, when I modify event previously created on PC on N9, chanaged invite is sent out properly.

Any advice?
Will check with the calendar guys... Will update a bit later today if they have a time.

Originally Posted by shreesathe View Post
Just a thought --- ? Is it possible enabling developer mode has something to do with MFE not working with N9? I had to get the developer mode turn on to get my twitter app to work and soon after my MFE stopped connecting. After I did a full wipe and it worked again (didnt realize the developer mode could be a possibility and now I dont want to turn it on). Can someone check my theory if you wish ?
Dev mode shouldn't break anything on the device. Is it always reproducible for you? What does "MFE stopped connecting" mean? "Can't connect to server" error or something else?

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Last edited by Sergey_Kashin; 2011-12-14 at 10:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ asheville NC
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Will check with the calendar guys... Will update a bit later today if they have a time.

Dev mode shouldn't break anything on the device. Is it always reproducible for you? What does "MFE stopped connecting" mean? "Can't connect to server" error or something else?
Yes I got Cant connect to server errors. When I removed the account and retried it it kept on giving me the same error when I know those exact details work without any issue on my N8.

And it may not be just the fact that dev mode was turned on but the fact that I used the below tip to enable twitter to work. I am not so sure exactly what this does but maybe that will give you some hint ?

open xterm (do not devel-su into the terminal)
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/http_proxy
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/proxy
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/osso

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950