Active Topics

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Virtuality View Post
I've read several times that cssu testing is better than cssu stable when it comes to features and "putting it to the edge"....

I haven't tried any cssu and now I want to install the cssu.So, could anyone tell me what are the better features present in testing cssu?
what testing has over stable atm:
improved modest (email client), though that is going to go into stable this week
possibility of different wallpaper on portrait desktop, this still has some bugs so not in stable
camera-ui2 also has still bugs which prevent it from entering stable
newer maemosec, that one will come with next stable too
testing will also get a better tv-out control panel plugin together with a status menu and desktop widget in the next update

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
what testing has over stable atm:
improved modest (email client), though that is going to go into stable this week
possibility of different wallpaper on portrait desktop, this still has some bugs so not in stable
camera-ui2 also has still bugs which prevent it from entering stable
newer maemosec, that one will come with next stable too
testing will also get a better tv-out control panel plugin together with a status menu and desktop widget in the next update
Thanks merlin!

So,if some of those features are comming in the next stable update, then it is better for me to stick to the stable cssu, right?

But, if I downloaded the cssu stable now, and after that the updates you mentioned were released, then how can I get those updates?should I reflash my phone again to do that?

Thanks again!

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
OMG dear TMO users!
Just because we are known as a great and helpfull community, it doesn't mean you can't use google and type there such words as "CSSU wiki" or "maemo CSSU"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Virtuality View Post
But, if I downloaded the cssu stable now, and after that the updates you mentioned were released, then how can I get those updates?should I reflash my phone again to do that?
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
OMG dear TMO users!
Just because we are known as a great and helpfull community, it doesn't mean you can't use google and type there such words as "CSSU wiki" or "maemo CSSU"
Even though I do agree with Alfred there I'll still provide the link:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU#What_is_it.3F

So no you don't have to reflash, you'll just recieve an update in the application manager.

Also in general it might be usefull to check http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU before posting here since a lot of information is right there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by raghavmurali View Post
How can get the app names to add that in the blacklist. I wanted to blacklist k9call widget, mycontacts widget etc
I have searched the forums and added it. But k9call widget and mycontacts widget are not getting blacklisted. Please help.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dublin, Ireland
I have had a few problems and had to reset my catalogues, should I have a specifc cssu catalogue (I seem to remember there being one there - currently 6 extras, devel, testing, nok apps, nok ssu & ovi) ?
Thanks in anticipation - I have searched the wiki / threads etc without success on my question.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by burwat292596 View Post
I have had a few problems and had to reset my catalogues, should I have a specifc cssu catalogue (I seem to remember there being one there - currently 6 extras, devel, testing, nok apps, nok ssu & ovi) ?
Thanks in anticipation - I have searched the wiki / threads etc without success on my question.
Found how myself gust after I posted - typical!

help i cant install cssu conflict package libqtm bearer

The first Upgrade is here!

This version (21.2011.38-1Smaemo2) indroduces the upgraded modest to cssu-stable.
Also included is an upgrade to the root certificates that blacklists a compromised Malaysian certrificat and a small fix to the metapackge to prevent upgrade issues with libqt4-test.

Edit: The dependency for modest-l10n was faulty thus preventing an upgrade through ham, 21.2011.38-1Smaemo2.1 has that fixed and should be in the repo in a few mins.

Last edited by merlin1991; 2012-01-02 at 20:08.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
is it possible for someone to remove the orientation lock applet from the status area?
I personnally, would like mine removed. (testing version).

Last edited by zzzchainzzz; 2012-01-02 at 21:01.