Active Topics

...thanks, really, thanks for your words.

This, make so simple to explain and understand why someone may ignore your posts.

Originally Posted by xes View Post
...thanks, really, thanks for your words.

This, make so simple to explain and understand why someone may ignore your posts.
yeah, I think you're right. It's because, non-programmer or idiot like me aren't welcome here.

Thanks for your replies. May you have a blessed new year!

I hate to say this but this forum sucks!

And I will still post a negative feedback about this forum and the developer of this product to Nokia Ovi Store, Facabook, Twitter, and any other blog sites and even in my personal Web site and blog sites where I have millions of followers.

Good luck!

So you intend to badmouth dwardz and his software because you are too dumb to figure out how edit one file? Then you are a real piece of *****. Dwardz is legend around these parts and perhaps does not have time to explain the most basic elements of linux.

This forum has slowly been distilled down to the real hardcore nXXX users who will never trade the power of a computer for 'whatsapp' (or whatever the latest horse ***** fad is). You must understand you are a new n9 owner, you represent the new wave of people who have a lot to learn, a group the rest of us have coddled and hand-held 1000 times already. The answers you seek are easy to find, you just have to have a hungry mind.

I am in Poland right now and therefore riding a ham induced euphoria so I am feeling like less of a rotter than usual. You need to edit the file providers.ini. On the n900 it is located in /opt/cloudgps/providers.ini. The easiest way to edit it is with an editor from the command line. You can either use vi (built in(probably)) or perhaps somthing like nano (if it has been ported).

1. Open xterm.
2. Start a root shell
3. Enter somthing like 'vi /opt/cloudgps/providers.ini'
4. Make your necessary changes.
5. Save and exit (:wq)
6. Job done.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Is there already a solution for the problem, cloudgps doesn't activate gps signal? Searched the thread, found some things about the problem, but no solution.

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Is there already a solution for the problem, cloudgps doesn't activate gps signal? Searched the thread, found some things about the problem, but no solution.
Try running the app using the following command line in x-terminal:

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/qtm11/lib /opt/cloudgps/cloudgps

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by new_n900 View Post
Thanks,

Finally I got CloudGPS working on my N900.

Again, very big thanks.
How please help me

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
You are looking for this, had the same problem:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=472

HTH & Have a happy new year!

CU Michael

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magic_doc For This Useful Post:
@carlo_N9:
I am sorry that I did not have time to answer you right away. Your question however was of a general nature and it was not related directly to CloudGPS, since you asked how to edit a file on N9.

I suspected that the community will be kind enough to provide you with an answer and it happened by xes and vi_ being so nice to give you hints about tools you can use to edit files.

I am not going to address the things that have been posted in your following posts in detail. I will only summarize it this way: the others behaved correctly and tried to help you while you rejected that and broke netiquette several times. Please refrain from that in future.

I will be able to help you more if you clear some things for me:
1. Which guide did you follow?
2. Why do you need to modify providers.ini and what changes do you want to put in it?
3. Are you able to modify files as root on your N9 yet? If not, what is the specific problem you are facing?

Originally Posted by vinushot View Post
How please help me
If you have the same problem (missing libjson dependency) you should upgrade to 0.6.5. Note that in 0.6.5 you can have GPS not starting issue, but a workaround is known and you can find it just one post before yours.

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
Try running the app using the following command line in x-terminal:

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/qtm11/lib /opt/cloudgps/cloudgps
That works like charm. Thanks a lot .
Another problem (not a big one): when putting in a search in landscape mode, the orientation in the searchfield is still in portrait Mode.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
best gps app