Active Topics

Notices

yes, the master number can be left empty now. Then only the currently controlling phone receives a reply. No copy to other phone is send. Nice side effect of last fix

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Release of SMSCON Editor 0.9.12-1 in extras-devel

First fix is basically coded by yablacky himself to compliment the changes he released already with latest SMSCON.

Changes:
  • FIX: Issues on reading smscon settings of older versions and/or invalid settings. <yablacky>
    * Invalid settings now generate a warning on start but are left unchanged and will show up in the editor fields.
    * If user does not change them, they again will generate error messages when editor pages are closed.
  • CHANGE: Restructure and modification of text in the General window (minor).
  • FIX: Allow characters in the "Listen IP" field; "*" and "localhost" are valid inputs.

For Information:

You can consider the latest versions in extras-devel as the first Release Candidates.

In a couple of days if no complaints, we will re-upload the same as versions 1.0.0 in testing with the aim to reach the Extras repo.

Please complain if something is not working

Last edited by Saturn; 2012-01-11 at 23:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Italy
Mmmm... I was just going to install it (first time), but I'll wait for a more stable version.

Originally Posted by Mr Wolf View Post
Mmmm... I was just going to install it (first time), but I'll wait for a more stable version.
Which version you've tried?

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Italy
None, yet! I was going to install the stable version, but it's too old; I read many information, but then I read Saturn's previous message and I'll wait a bit.
I'm very interested, though!

can anyone help me since i am a nooob i want to know(little bit off topic)

i am using smscon 0.7 i want to delete a folder using smscon(script) located in "Mydocs/folder"

what script should i use to delete whole folder called "folder" in MyDocs

and what script should i use to delete all the content of the folder (not folder but its content)?

AFAIK script should be placed in (/opt/smscon/smscon_script).
Sending 'Script' will run a predefined by user shell script

but i dont know how to make a script??

Originally Posted by hathoda View Post
i am using smscon 0.7 i want to delete a folder using smscon(script) located in "Mydocs/folder"

what script should i use to delete whole folder called "folder" in MyDocs

and what script should i use to delete all the content of the folder (not folder but its content)?

AFAIK script should be placed in (/opt/smscon/smscon_script).
Sending 'Script' will run a predefined by user shell script

but i dont know how to make a script??
You have to edit the file /opt/smscon/smscon_script. To do this, you must be root. In your example, the file should look like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
(cd /home/user/MyDocs && rm -rf *)
This will really(!!) remove all files and folders from MyDocs but will not remove MyDocs itself nor will it remove hidden files and folders. Hidden files and folders may hold application specific data you probably may want continue to use.

I'm not responsible in case you remove things and your phone or some apps do not work afterwards.

(For the experts: I know that it could be written as
Code:
rm -rf /home/user/MyDocs/*
but there just one blank to much would be disastrous).

(Edit: removed wrong # from 2nd code line)

Last edited by yablacky; 2012-01-16 at 18:53. Reason: Removed wrong # from code line

The Following User Says Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
NEW RELEASE OF SMSCON 0.9.14-1 AVAILABLE.

smscon 0.9.14-1 has been queued for loading into fremantle extras-devel repository.

Changes:
  • FIX: Remove double log message on received command.
  • FIX: If alarm command changes profile for playing sound, it was not restored after alarm. Now it is restored.
  • FIX: No longer treat CHECKHOST commands -1 and 17 differently. They behave the same now and will restart the smscon daemon exactly once (like only -1 did before).
  • FIX: Fix missing application homepage URL in package description.
  • FIX: On GPS location request, dismiss the very first GPS location delivered by GPS receiver because this sometimes seems to be the last fix from a long-time-ago somewhere-else location.
  • ADD: Introduce a 'DEBUGFLAGS' setting to enable/disable generation of debug information in the log (for developer use only).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yablacky View Post
You have to edit the file /opt/smscon/smscon_script. To do this, you must be root. In your example, the file should look like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# (cd /home/user/MyDocs && rm -rf *)
This will really(!!) remove all files and folders from MyDocs but will not remove MyDocs itself nor will it remove hidden files and folders. Hidden files and folders may hold application specific data you probably may want continue to use.

I'm not responsible in case you remove things and your phone or some apps do not work afterwards.

(For the experts: I know that it could be written as
Code:
rm -rf /home/user/MyDocs/*
but there just one blank to much would be disastrous).
does that mean if i want to delete all the contant of my folder called "folder" the code should be...

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# (cd /home/user/MyDocs/folder && rm -rf *)
and what if i want to delete two folders in MyDocs?? Called "folder" and "folder1"

Last edited by hathoda; 2012-01-16 at 04:33.

does that mean if i want to delete all the contant of my folder called "folder" the code should be...
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# (cd /home/user/MyDocs/folder && rm -rf *)
yes. (EDIT: This is beginner-safe; not how an expert would write it, but yes; EDIT2: the # on 2nd line is wrong; I keep it here because it is a quoted text; my "yes" was wrong in this aspect ).

...and what if i want to delete two folders in MyDocs?? Called "folder" and "folder1"
In your case, add this line to the script:

Code:
(cd /home/user/MyDocs/folder1 && rm -rf *)
(EDIT2: removed wrong # from beginning of code line...)

More general answers to these kind of questions can be found here UNIX Tutorial for Beginners

Last edited by yablacky; 2012-01-16 at 17:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post: