Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
No problem
Yes, if you pressed Enter twice = no color-codes = reboot loop..

Flashing - this take a 5 min.. Just reflash only rootfs image (without EMMC) and all your data will stay here..
Download my simple instruction for this: Flashing N9
... by the way... following all the steps in the guide will "Just reflash only rootfs image (without EMMC) "..as you write?-.... just to make sure :-)

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Yes, flash only rootfs ( in the first part of PDF)
1) cd\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher (and press enter)
2) flasher -F xxxxxxxx.bin -f - where xxxxxxxx is the name of your image file you have downloaded from Navifirm.( and press Enter)
3) Switch off your device and after it completely off connect the device to the computer
4) this should start the flashing process

Yes, flash only rootfs ( in the first part of PDF)
1) cd\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher (and press enter)
2) flasher -F xxxxxxxx.bin -f - where xxxxxxxx is the name of your image file you have downloaded from Navifirm.( and press Enter)
3) Switch off your device and after it completely off connect the device to the computer
4) this should start the flashing process
ok... should i download alle the files or only those "pre-chosen" ones?...(marked green in the box)?

hello.....please help

when i have chosen product, release and variant it shows 14 files in which only 6 of them are marked in in the checkbox... shall i download only those 6 or choose "mark all" and dowload all 14?

Last edited by gaggar; 2012-02-01 at 21:27.

Originally Posted by gaggar View Post
hello.....please help

when i have chosen product, release and variant it shows 14 files in which only 6 of them are marked in in the checkbox... shall i download only those 6 or choose "mark all" and dowload all 14?
unmark all-> scroll down -> choose one file with name that looks like in my pdf instruction.
I think the one before the last one.. That start with DFL61_HARMATTAN

P.S. If you still have questions about flashing, please PM me.. This thread for the N9 QTweak.. ;-)

Last edited by Schturman; 2012-02-01 at 21:41.

here you go: http://db.tt/363WVG1u
Now with PR1.2 such a restore from your file could be dangerous without mentioning for which device/firmware it is.

In my case I have updated my N950 with PR1.2beta and decided to reapply the patches to landscape again.
As I was happy with n9tweak before (it makes an update in landscape case before) and saw n9quicktweak to be on-n9tweak-based-improved version, I decided to switch.

And yes, I didn't read the threads - I don't made a backup, because I thought it would be done as before.

But n9quicktweak overwrites without checking any existing meegotouchhome.css and style.css

That should be improved!
At least with a hint 'now going to overwrite system files-backup made?'

But for me know I have a corrupt system and need the original N950/pr1.2beta files meegotouchhome.css and style.css.
Otherwise have to reflash because my home view now couldn't scroll up to the end of all my icons.
At a certain part of scrolling it behaves like I'm at the end of icons, but the latest icons disappear, wenn releasing my finger/the touch...

So could you please offer firmware/device specific emergency backup files?
Perhaps the users here can help get all combinations together.

Did I mention to need urgently N950/PR1.2beta?

Originally Posted by asys3 View Post
Now with PR1.2 such a restore from your file could be dangerous without mentioning for which device/firmware it is.

In my case I have updated my N950 with PR1.2beta and decided to reapply the patches to landscape again.
As I was happy with n9tweak before (it makes an update in landscape case before) and saw n9quicktweak to be on-n9tweak-based-improved version, I decided to switch.

And yes, I didn't read the threads - I don't made a backup, because I thought it would be done as before.

But n9quicktweak overwrites without checking any existing meegotouchhome.css and style.css

That should be improved!
At least with a hint 'now going to overwrite system files-backup made?'

But for me know I have a corrupt system and need the original N950/pr1.2beta files meegotouchhome.css and style.css.
Otherwise have to reflash because my home view now couldn't scroll up to the end of all my icons.
At a certain part of scrolling it behaves like I'm at the end of icons, but the latest icons disappear, wenn releasing my finger/the touch...

So could you please offer firmware/device specific emergency backup files?
Perhaps the users here can help get all combinations together.

Did I mention to need urgently N950/PR1.2beta?
Hi
I'm sorry to hear that', but I don't have pr 1.2 and can't update modded files... I will update the first post and title about that's...

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ India
Can any single hack or script be converted to standalone app?

Enable SSH hack if converted to standalone app will ease out many steps!

The idea is to access N9 via WinSCP or FileZilla just by starting this app in background! I dunno much about compilation of shell scripts in harmattan, though I know AIX. If you have time pls do consider this, else explain me the process so that I can go about it!

Originally Posted by logonaniket View Post
Can any single hack or script be converted to standalone app?

Enable SSH hack if converted to standalone app will ease out many steps!

The idea is to access N9 via WinSCP or FileZilla just by starting this app in background! I dunno much about compilation of shell scripts in harmattan, though I know AIX. If you have time pls do consider this, else explain me the process so that I can go about it!
For using WinSCP or FileZilla, you need to run tweak H - ONLY one time !
If you still want to create standalone app for this, this is from my scrip:
Code:
      h|H)
      cd /etc/ssh && sed -i -e 's/PermitRootLogin no/PermitRootLogin yes/g' sshd_config
      echo -e 'mkdir -m 0755 -p /var/run/sshd\nexec /usr/sbin/sshd $SSHD_OPTS' >> /etc/default/ssh
      pkill -9 /usr/sbin/sshd
      echo "You need to change password for ROOT & USER"
      echo " "
      passwd root
      echo " "
      passwd user
      echo " "
      echo "You activated ROOT-SSH Access. Your setting will take effect after restart SSH or reboot."
      echo " "
    read -p "Press Enter key to restart SSH: " end
        sleep 2 && /sbin/initctl start ssh ;;
Do it

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the tweak F (yes, me too)..
I have changed the size of the lock screen but i don't like it, so i want to restore the default size, so i choose the "3" option, refresh the page and reboot my phone, but it's the same, nothing changed.

I have changed the size of the Caller ID avatar, it's big now, but it's a little too ugly for me, so i want to restore the default size too, so chooose the "restore" option, afer refreshing and rebooting my phone the size of the caller ID avatar is the same : big

I don't know why it is not working!

I have maked a backup before making manipulation of course but it seems it's not working
One thing : the folder "N9QTweakBackup" was not on my docs, i thinked have it's because of that, so i move this item to the right way (on "mydocs") but it's the same..
Please help me, thx

Tags
hebrew vkb, n9 qtweak, n9 quick tweak, n9 quicktweak, root-ssh