Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Perfect. That's what we need to know. It might be slow at first but you will get a buyer soon. Couldn't think of a better word for those little spikey bits. Incidentally, these are the things that cause the most damage.

May I suggest you (or someone helpful you know) wipe the device by reflashing the eMMC with PR1.3.1. Follow the Wiki - it's not that hard if you read it through slowly before you begin. This will ensure the purchaser has no access to/knowledge of any of your private data. The procedure resets it to factory settings, so everything looks clean and fresh electronically - sounds as though it's in good nick physically. Once it's done, I suggest you post a new "for sale" thread, (with a link to ebay/paypal/whatever.) you should be allowed to put a new thread on the for sale board after you've made 3 normal posts I think?
Thanks very much for this suggestion. It was worrying me a bit.

Just thinking about broken off prongs makes me wince.

The Following User Says Thank You to ninakim For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SoberBender View Post
Thanks for the offer - I'm actually not far from you. But that's out of my price range for a used phone. Best of luck.
Are you still looking for an N900 handset. I have one here in the UK I am getting rid of. Let me know if you are still looking.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Originally Posted by louiegoat View Post
Sadly, most of the people on this forum from the past with the N900, have moved on now to the N9, etc. and apparently they rarely care about or answer anything related to the N900 anymore since they are not really using it anymore, with a few exceptions . This forum is not like it used to be :-(
im an exception.. N900 24/7 i got me 4 of them! 2 from china! They're ok its my main phone a scratch or two but all good!

Recorder app is excellent! Saved me many a times!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
bingomion,

How did the Chinese models turn out? Anything off about them? I would appreciate your observations. I have been very curious about the HongKong N900's.

Thanks,

Abe

Dont buy em, just go for real one.It worths it .

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
i have a n900 98% condition, fullset, never been repaired, still very very good condition, and im indonesian, if you still search for a new N900 i can help you too, you can contact me trough fb or email, ibra.kalifa@gmail.com , thx

Originally Posted by Old Abe View Post
bingomion,

How did the Chinese models turn out? Anything off about them? I would appreciate your observations. I have been very curious about the HongKong N900's.

Thanks,

Abe
i've posted about it before do a search.. there's a lot of threads on them.
But it's luck of the draw.. i got two.. at 200 each.. they are ok, work fine.. the accessories are cheap chines junk... even the battery.

I need more info: China still produces N900? Or is it that some N900 were produced in China? Demand seems to be still there, so if any Chinese factory keeps producing them and only lacking thing is 2 year warranty that results in e7/n8, keep it up. If they still do: Long live the only mobile phone that can run pretty much everything! Will switch to chinese if I have to. If there is some licensing problem, I will be happy to use claws mail instead of modest, if chinese get all the components open source... time to learn some chinese. They seem to have uber low-level power in writing drivers/modified kernels. Hiring them for an open source/community project seems cheaper and more likely than buying 2 year old piece from Nokia

China still produces N900?
I think most N900's were made in south Korea.
The chines must have bought Nokia's inventory, included warranty returns.
I think they just refurbish, IE fix them and that's it.
But they are not fake.

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Tried to refurbish your N900 lately? How about a E7/N8 instead? This is what is pushing N900 price up, free new symbian phone which sells better on ebay if you have even 1 month warranty. N900 is becoming rarity