Active Topics

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
i installed the bleeding edge drivers for kp50. working. but i cannot find any wifi network when i load the bleeding edge wifi driver. is this normal? just after i load the stock drivers with the applet i can view the available wifi network again.
And for what exactly reason you are asking this here and not on the dedicated thread?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Wow. So yesterday I did a normal routine, unplugged my N900 when I woke up, put it in my pocket. I wandered around, texted a few times, looked up something on the web for a few minutes to see if a shop was still open...

When I went to go to bed, I went to plug it in, and decided to check weather first. As it was updating, I noticed the battery icon... almost full. It ran a full day, connected to 3G the whole time, and wifi at several places (home, friends, etc), had done a couple auto-checkins via Zaploc, and stayed in sync with my work exchange server, and was still at 72% battery 14 hours later. Normally at night it's been at best 30%, usually headed toward 10%.

What changed? KP50, and turning on SR1/2. (I run 500-900, just enabled SR1/2 in my existing config.) Wow.

Awesome work folks. I can't even express how nice this is. To have a device that does everything I could want it to do, and still have 3/4 battery left at the end of a full day? Unimaginable. Especially since the Nokia kernel would often not make it through a single day.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
__this, and the ability for being in 2G most of the time thanks to Nicolai's excellent connect-now widget with 3G-on-demand. Two days standby with BT on and occasional WiFi / Calls usage is now common for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
I wanted to thank everyone involved in the recent improvements with battery life. The attached graph shows the phone lasting 3+half days, moderate use, blue is wifi, pink 3G. It has a recent Scud battery, KP50 and battery patch.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gilesn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Smyrna, Atlanta / Bangalore, India
Hi Guyz,

Updated to power-kernel 50 and thanks for the effort.

I am facing one issue with respect to "A better camera" application. The application is able to take images but not able to process the same.

I tried re-installing the application and I faced issue during removal :

ERROR: Module bc_cat does not exist in /proc/modules
dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned

As instructed by a fellow user i edited the below and removed the app:
edit /var/lib/dpkg/info/abettercamera.prerm and comment the line that begins with rmmod.

Installing abettercamera again shows the below error:

Setting up abettercamera (0.45-1) ...
insmod: error inserting '/opt/abettercamera/bc_cat.ko': -1 Invalid module format
chmod: /dev/bccat0: No such file or directory

Is bc_cat.ko module missing in power-kernel 50 and causing this issue ?

Last edited by bipinbn; 2012-03-27 at 16:13.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I have also asked about A Better Camere compatibility and not yet upgraded as I haven't received any answer.

Have you tried Bless N900 or FCamera?

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Smyrna, Atlanta / Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I have also asked about A Better Camere compatibility and not yet upgraded as I haven't received any answer.

Have you tried Bless N900 or FCamera?
Installed Blessn900 and it works fine..looks like latest version of "A better camera" depends on bc_cat module which is not available in kernel power 50, but again I am not sure

waiting for answer from experts on this

Posts: 1,237 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
flashed my phone today. installed kp50 and nitdroid. and some apps which i have tested and have no effect on phones battery. will post tomorrow that how kp50 consumed my phones battery.

Originally Posted by bipinbn View Post
Hi Guyz,

Updated to power-kernel 50 and thanks for the effort.

I am facing one issue with respect to "A better camera" application. The application is able to take images but not able to process the same.
I had the same problem with kp49, "A better camera" was able to take images but not processing them. However, the app worked at the beginning with kp49 but stopped don't know when, maybe after I upgraded CSSU at some point (I don't know because I didn't tested the app after each CSSU upgrade). So it might be that this issue is not kp50 related but something else (i.e. rather application fault than kernel fault).

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by yrannadx View Post
I had the same problem with kp49, "A better camera" was able to take images but not processing them. However, the app worked at the beginning with kp49 but stopped don't know when, maybe after I upgraded CSSU at some point (I don't know because I didn't tested the app after each CSSU upgrade). So it might be that this issue is not kp50 related but something else (i.e. rather application fault than kernel fault).
I have noticed that problem too but I suspect that is due to HD codecs rather than kernel. The difference between Bless N900 and A Better Camera is that the latter uses DSP for faster image processing.

The new problem reported with KP50 is related with module loading.

Tags
battery test, i <3 fmg, i <3 pali, igottaboner, kernel, kernel-power, viva fmg, viva pali