Active Topics

Poll: What phone would you rather have?
Poll Options
What phone would you rather have?

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
why there is no space for open source mobile machines ? N900 still rules with mighty nitdroid . N9 is just another swipe thingy .

Originally Posted by imo View Post
why there is no space for open source mobile machines ? N900 still rules with mighty nitdroid . N9 is just another swipe thingy .
Simply because they don't fit in with today's "Ecosystems". [can't wait till they wear that freakin word out...... and remind me to ad it to ******** Bingo sometime] and the networks can't fill them with their crippleware.

But, in answer to the original question........ It has to be the N9...... Can't be doing with an overpriced imitation.

Originally Posted by RobertHall View Post
guess we wont be getting it for the stock browser? (inception and all)
oh and id go with the n9 anyday...
The problem is that the built-in browser doesn't support plugins (like Flash), and it's closed source - so hacking in Flash support probably isn't an option, INCEPTION notwithstanding.

i was able to use lumia 900, and it's just like lumia 800, only bigger and with a front facing camera... and oh, 4g enabled, but you won't really need that since everywhere is a wifi zone..

sure the design is similar to n9, but it's bulkier, heavier and i don't find it better than n9 in most ways...

sure its camera app is better, but less compared to other phones at its price range or even lower,
there's more apps available for it compared to n9, but who needs over flowing apps if n9 has most (if not everything) that you need?
and it's got a dedicated cam button, better battery life, and a bigger screen.

n9 on the other hand have nfc, usb mass storage support, higher screen resolution, and has better ram... and lighter too..

besides, if you want to buy a windows phone, why not try the upcoming samsung omnia m, or the samsung focus? reviews said they're good, minus the camera.. (only 5mp)

if you wanted lumia because it was dubbed as the best smartphone, better buy the s3 or just wait for iphone5... their price range don't have a significant difference.. and they are supposedly smarter than lumia. it has single core processor compared to others having dual or quadcore.

i have to say that there's a reason to buy lumia 900 --- its social integration capabilities. however, if socialnetwork integration is what your looking for, better look for other windows phone that are way more affordable than lumia..

believe me, you'll just waste your money with lumia 900. there's no reason to commit to the new lumia, not when the same amount of money (or even less cash) enables you to have a much more capable windows phone, android or ios device.

hope i helped.. D

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anne.lones For This Useful Post:
It is highly probable that anybody buying a Lumia 900 will get a bad one due to a whole host of problems reported by a large number of users. It suffers from defects such as inability of wi-fi to coexist with LTE, poor battery life, vibration rattle, purple tint display, sticky capacitive buttons, phone hangs after a call, self-reboot, camera unable to focus, pink spot in photos, slow screen response, terrible echos during calls, battery sudden drain with heated phone, dropped calls, etc. Many users exchange their phone 2-3 times and some found satisfaction after the 4th exchange only by exchanging for an Android.

WP7.5 is also an immature OS with lot's of missing features and usability issues. Check out this 101 Reasons Not to Buy a WP7.5 Phone now updated with 14 bonus reasons.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Neither, they are both shít.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post
txh,
n9, just got boring to use. lumia 800 feels fresh everyday.

I do not know what disease you have, but it saddens me so much for you...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by illo1977 View Post
I do not know what disease you have, but it saddens me so much for you...
Disease? Seriously dude, way unnecessary. Each one of us here have different needs. Instead of declaring that somebody has a "disease" since they disagree with your "precious" </Smeagol> why don't you take the time to ask what they liked, disliked?

You might learn something.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Neither, they are both shít.
That explains why the N9's finish is chipping off

Gerbick always a pleasure to read your replies and it might just be an age thing -> lack of tolerence

Regards Dousan...

My Sřciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

The Following User Says Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
Definitely Nokia N9, but i think Lumia 900 is also cool