Active Topics

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by preflex View Post
Indeed]
Why so unfriendly?

The Following User Says Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Will those scripts work on a Debian amd64 system also?

I am not able to chroot into the mounted SD-card. Here is the output:
Code:
root@siductionbox:/home/micha/ubuntu-n900# mount
udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=1891600k,nr_inodes=472900,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=379680k,mode=755)
/dev/mapper/medion_cryptVG-root on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=759356k)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /run/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=759356k)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,errors=continue,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=writeback)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda2 on /media/disk1part2 type fuseblk (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,blksize=4096)
/dev/mapper/medion_cryptVG-daten on /media/daten type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/crypt_Datenrettung on /media/Datenrettung type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)
rpc_pipefs on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw,relatime)
/dev/sdb1 on /media/8GB_Stick type fuseblk (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,blksize=4096)
/dev/sde3 on /mnt type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=writeback)
udev on /mnt/dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=1891600k,nr_inodes=472900,mode=755)
devpts on /mnt/dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
sysfs on /mnt/sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
/proc on /mnt/proc type proc (rw,relatime)

root@siductionbox:/home/micha/ubuntu-n900# chroot /mnt /tmp/install-chroot-part.sh
chroot: failed to run command `/tmp/install-chroot-part.sh': Exec format error
EDIT: Either loading binfmt_misc module
Code:
modprobe binfmt_misc
or installing binfmt-support
Code:
apt-get install binfmt-support
on the host did enable a successfull chroot command.

Last edited by michaaa62; 2012-06-05 at 13:20. Reason: int_ua helped on IRC

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
unknown.obvious, I think we need to develop a naming convention to add your kernels support to the script until those get published somewhere more "official"
Can you make the archives unpack to folders with names starting "custom_kernel*", "custom_n900_kernel*" or whatever you like?

UPDATE:
Looks like Tom Gall wanted to make a hardware pack for N900. I'll try to contact him.
https://wiki.linaro.org/TomGall/LinaroN900

Last edited by int_ua; 2012-06-05 at 13:38.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
unknown.obvious, I think we need to develop a naming convention to add your kernels support to the script until those get published somewhere more "official"
Can you make the archives unpack to folders with names starting "custom_kernel*", "custom_n900_kernel*" or whatever you like?

UPDATE:
Looks like Tom Gall wanted to make a hardware pack for N900. I'll try to contact him.
https://wiki.linaro.org/TomGall/LinaroN900
Do you prefer a big one with kernel_image, kernel_headers and kernel source or is one kernel_image enough?

Linaro doesn't do much omap3 stuff anymore, hope things work out.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to unknown.obvious For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by unknown.obvious View Post
Do you prefer a big one with kernel_image, kernel_headers and kernel source or is one kernel_image enough?
Big one if it's not too complicated for you.

Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
Big one if it's not too complicated for you.
90mb https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B__...lJfRDFnWkJ3X1U

MD5SUM: ce939d2d2a43aa14aecc5528288a47b1 custom_kernel.tar.gz

looks like this:

custom_kernel.tar.gz --> /custom_kernel / --> .deb

Last edited by unknown.obvious; 2012-06-05 at 17:21. Reason: Link

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to unknown.obvious For This Useful Post:
Before replacing armel build with armhf build run (added to the script in rev 108)
Code:
dpkg -P linux-image-2.6.37-n900:armel
dpkg -P linux-headers-2.6.37-n900:armel
Explanation:
Code:
# dpkg -i linux-image-2.6.37-n900_6_armhf.deb 
dpkg: error processing linux-image-2.6.37-n900_6_armhf.deb (--install):
 linux-image-2.6.37-n900: 6 (Multi-Arch: no) is not co-installable with linux-image-2.6.37-n900:armel 2 (Multi-Arch: no) which is currently installed

# apt-get purge linux-image-2.6.37-n900
Virtual packages like 'linux-image-2.6.37-n900' can't be removed

Last edited by int_ua; 2012-06-05 at 23:07.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Hungary
I have made a video featuring some capabilities of Ubuntu 12.04 running on N900. The video isn't perfect but still more than nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRUlJ2GXI04

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to PanzerSajt For This Useful Post:
So could you make a post of instructions how to get a working system? There are so many package options and I don't know which are needed to make it work - and I still don't understand what to do in the chroots, so I've just been using the Nemo kernel. I got it to boot as far as the login screen, but I couldn't click anything (although I could move the mouse) and I couldn't type in a password, so it pretty much wasn't working.

Also, if it would be possible for the script to create images as well as writing to a SD card - my only computer with a SD card reader is quite slow (it takes about 6 hours to run your script), so I'd prefer to create the image on a faster computer and then just use my netbook to write the image to the card.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by skykooler View Post
So could you make a post of instructions how to get a working system? There are so many package options and I don't know which are needed to make it work - and I still don't understand what to do in the chroots, so I've just been using the Nemo kernel. I got it to boot as far as the login screen, but I couldn't click anything (although I could move the mouse) and I couldn't type in a password, so it pretty much wasn't working.

Also, if it would be possible for the script to create images as well as writing to a SD card - my only computer with a SD card reader is quite slow (it takes about 6 hours to run your script), so I'd prefer to create the image on a faster computer and then just use my netbook to write the image to the card.
Please check the first post, it was updated recently. Also, update the script with bzr pull. I've used Ubuntu Core with unoobi's kernel, lubuntu-desktop and lxdm packages IIRC.
Looks like inability to login is lightdm's fault, try installing lxdm or gdm instead by using sudo bash just_chroot.sh

On installation into the file:
I've added an option to use file or partition instead of the device node.
But it will create only one ext partition with the root filesystem this way and right now number three is hardcoded in the boot.scr so you either have to recreate the 1:fat, 2:swap, 3:root scheme and put the image on the third one or change the boor.scr file.

UPDATE:
Alternatively, you can change the TARGET_ROOT_PARTITION_NUMBER variable on the beginning of the install.sh file, MMCPART in the install-chroot-part.sh and maybe the line with ITEM_DEVICE.

UPDATE 2:
use fallocate -l #G filename to create the file.

Last edited by int_ua; 2012-06-19 at 11:15.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post: