Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
@Kinggene first You run apt-get install python-dateutil from terminal with root privileges. then You have to delete *.db file from /home/user.wazapp folder, then You download zip from github, and extract it on Your pc. now zip only /client folder with all subfolders. then transfer that zip file into /opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp folder and extract it there overwriting the old files. Then open terminal with root privileges, go to the same folder and execute "chmod 777 *"... that should be it.

[tw] @kegnatz

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zelig For This Useful Post:
Dear Sir,

I have a problem with Wazapp program Version 0.2.6:
The download and registration process at the beginning was excellent, and the program worked very well, except that after nearly two weeks it stopped working and not responding, so I deleted it and then re-installed it again in my phone, Now the program interface appear without working at all, Only the word ( Connecting... ) at the Top of its window , In spite of having Internet Connection, Can you help me to find the solution for my problem, Please ?*

Waiting for your reply

Good morning,

After using wazapp for a while, it began to act really extrange. Sometimes, it is connected but when I type a message to any contact it couldn't be send. I appear "online" in other device, when I type it is show as typing but when hit send nothing happens.

I tried rebooting the phone, quit the app, sync contacts, but nothing seems to solve the problem. The problem solves by itself, but the issue is that I cannot receive the messages during that, and they are not recover when the app gets normal.

I tried uninstalling the app but doesn't solve the problem.

Thanx

Luis

Originally Posted by kalafu View Post
really? but i still cannot see that...ver 0.2.6
He said it is ready, not released.

Once again, be patient and WAIT!

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
sharing my experience for users in Latinamerica and perhaps other countries, I flashed my N9 from meego version 20.2011 to 30.2012 and besides advantages in other apps/utilities... my wazapp seems more stable (more time without crashes), notifications enabled: receive bip of new wazapp messages (already open chats) and less battery drain, not sure if it is coincidence though =P

The Following User Says Thank You to Dazsa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AlNaSeeM View Post
Dear Sir,

I have a problem with Wazapp program Version 0.2.6:
The download and registration process at the beginning was excellent, and the program worked very well, except that after nearly two weeks it stopped working and not responding, so I deleted it and then re-installed it again in my phone, Now the program interface appear without working at all, Only the word ( Connecting... ) at the Top of its window , In spite of having Internet Connection, Can you help me to find the solution for my problem, Please ?*

Waiting for your reply
Looks like you have wazapp hanged coz of plenty of chat history which takes a lot of time to load once you launch the application while showing connecting on the top, i faced a similar issue yesterday, Just follow these steps which i followed and it solved the problem for me. FIrst of all, just wait for sometime with the connecting status on top then on the same screen after some time then delete the conversation which is very long ,then after some time it shall display a message "application not responding, Quit application" click yes on that. Restart your phone after that then just click once on the wazapp icon and wait for it to load ! Sometimes it hangs due to launching the application multiple times while it is being loaded. Hope it helps

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Jeez recently people seem to be only posting problems in this thread, while some of us are really loving Wazapp. What I've picked up is that people with these problems are mostly those who download dev versions without sufficient dev knowledge, or those who can't stick to one phone, N9 today, Android tomorrow then back to N9. I say make up your minds and stick to one platform. Leave Dev versions and wait for official ones like us patient people. If U mess up by being impatient then Shut the F'up, U spoiling the whole thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by omar451451 View Post
FIrst of all, just wait for sometime with the connecting status on top then on the same screen after some time then delete the conversation which is very long ,then after some time it shall display a message "application not responding, Quit application" click yes on that. Restart your phone after that then just click once on the wazapp icon and wait for it to load
A simpler solution would be to just delete the whole .db file, though then you'll lose all the chat history. In the future try to delete the conversations from time to time to avoid this kind of issue, at least until tgalal adds partial history loading in the app.

Originally Posted by faku1810 View Post
A simpler solution would be to just delete the whole .db file, though then you'll lose all the chat history. In the future try to delete the conversations from time to time to avoid this kind of issue, at least until tgalal adds partial history loading in the app.
I agree to your suggestion , but i fear it myt again create registration prob which is why i avoid deleting the app however worse the situation turns out to be !( Thankfully never had any bit of trouble except the one i faced yesterday , Credit going to tgalal)

Originally Posted by tanwg View Post
That is in minutes. If there is no number, you need to contact whatsapp. They might take a few days to reply.

Sent from my Xperia Pro
- Current Phones: Nokia N9 and Xperia Pro

as i said i sent a mail to whatsapp support and they resetted my registration. but i still get the same error "server said: succes attached 878" whats wrong?
if i can register with my n8 and whatsapp already resetted my registration / unblocked my phone number it must have something to do with wazapp i'd guess.
anyone else facing the same issue? could it be the case that wazapp has been blocked?

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp