Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
sifo, why not? i mean if you can see the community being agitated with the council's decision i'm sure anyone in their shoes would like to take a step back and think of their duty to the community above themselves...

i think the council didn't expect opposition and now that they faced it initially with just some complaints they went into defensive mode...i'm sure if the council think over this in a calm and collective way they would be willing to hear the community out and maybe not only rescind their awards but all the awards and ask the community for what procedure should be followed instead.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by sifo View Post
@itsnotabigtruck

are you gonna take the award back if you were insted of the coucilors you are talking about ? i guess not and nobody gonna do such a thing unless he knows the he will be dead in the next day
http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...ay/005266.html

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
@itsnotabigtruck

are you gonna take the award back if you were insted of the coucilors you are talking about ? i guess not and nobody gonna do such a thing unless he knows the he will be dead in the next day
It's impossible to know the outcome of a "what-if" scenario, but I would never allow myself to be eligible for a competition I was organizing. There's a reason no contest is ever run that way.

If each phone is valued at $400 - a reasonable value given the current online prices - the council was responsible for $10000 worth of merchandise in this one program. The phones that the council reaped for themselves were worth $1600. While that isn't a massive sum, it's far more than enough to demand accountability. The council has shown anything but that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
i think after a while im gonna hear " this counilore got another account in maemo.org and get himself 2 awards "

@itsnotabigtruck Arie

both of you right
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
To get back to the point...

No one from the council has attempted to defend such an action - only to present it as a fait accompli that can't be changed.
False. Just carefully reading adversaries responses, would bring You to my 1st post int his thread, where I've written - from memory - that meritocracy won, because - as suggested by the Community - we were judging people Contributions by merit, not by fact that someone is/was/was candidate for Council. For same reasons, we were not considering if someone is black, white, or magenta, or do many typos, while writing posts

BTW, it's quite funny, that 4 people mentioned by me earlier - who are making this whole noise - would like to actually *punish* people volunteering for Community, by banning them from CA program.

*Of course* It was also mentioned earlier. But, why I'm writing this? "Trolling 4" aren't reading responses, anyway. This sole fact doesn't seem to change, no matter if in last trolling attempt, they've just throw accusations left and right, or tried to sound more reasonable.

/Estel

Ps.

Why the hell, You though that it was fait accompli? I see it as way that turned out to work very well. It seems, that majority agree or doesn't care, and you're not entitled to call it fait accompli just because You and other 3 frustrated guys are not satisfied.

and, before You ask - *no*, we're not going to make precedences, by giving answer to demands of those that shout louder, for long enough. It was already said, that detail + and - of every candidate considered by Council won't be released, and process *won't* be reverted/started from scratch/whatever. Like it or not.

Considering current situation with Nokia, we have *much* more important things to do. I'm sure that our - Councilors - contributions will be judged by Community, on next voting (if any of us is going to start again, considering amount of hard work being Councilor require). Then it will be Your time to try "negative marketing" If You haven't noticed, I couldn't care less - first of all, i believe in wisdom of Community (as a whole). Second, Councilor or not, i'll continue with my projects contributing to Maemo, this way, or another.

Happy flaming, kids. Take Your time.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-06-23 at 04:22.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
You're only serving to prove my point.

I would also suggest you read the definition of fait accompli; it seems that what I said and what you think I said are two different things.

@Estel

i knew you were writing another newspaper while we posting i was waiting for your answer
good points too

./sifo

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
@Estel

i knew you were writing another newspaper while we posting i was waiting for your answer
good points too

./sifo
If I ever meet you, I'll buy you a beer, you're a cool dude.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
You're only serving to prove my point.

I would also suggest you read the definition of fait accompli; it seems that what I said and what you think I said are two different things.
Not exactly - I just wanted to highlight, that You're trying to show it as something that happened, without any respect for others seeing it as best consensus.

Anyway, feel free to believe in whatever You want - I'm also convinced even more, that our selection of winners was very good, and saved Community for donating devices to few unresponsible and unreasonable people.

I'm sure, that You enjoy this fact as much as I do This thread is more or less dead to me, anyway.

/Estel

Ps.

And please, stop imposing, that "being councilor mean You need to act <whatever". I appreciate input, and I always *listen* (read) reasonable advices with much interest, but, like it or not, I'm going to realize my vision of being Councilor. Community will judge that, [i]if[/] I'm going to candidate next time.

Furthermore, during being a candidate, I've told - many times - that I'm not going to pretend, that I'm someone else, if I win election. Even better, I've ensured, that Community will be aware of both how I Communicate with productive, reasonable people, and how I answer to trolls, on threads,where every single sentence was rephrased 8-10-12 times, already.

But how can You know that? You're member since 4 months, trying to force Your vision of how Community/council/everything should work. and, of course, who should *not* receive devices from CA
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
If I ever meet you, I'll buy you a beer, you're a cool dude.
OFF than OFF TOPIC

thanks and i will do the same but you buy first

Closed Thread

Tags
award, community, council, device, outcry