Closed Thread
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
I too fail to see how NitDroid has anything to do with Promoting Harmattan (or Meego) other than (fun).
If I want Android, I run an emulator, or buy one cheap-a** phone.
Mind you, I think its an accomplishment, this I dont deminor at all. But thats all it is.
Look at my previous post.

About your comments :
- running Android on emulator doesn't bring the same behaviour (speed, touch response, limited software compatibility, etc);
- a cheap Android phone doesn't have the hardware of N900 or N9;
- it is very useful to have multiboot on N900/N9. My N900 has 5 multiboot options, including 2 Android's (2.2 & 2.3), used to test some Python (SL4A) softwares.

I don't understand how the council doesn't see that NITDroid make N900/N9 more popular as :
- the NITDroid forum has approx. 2.5 thousand registered users;
- NITDroid was and is well cited all over Internet, promoting Nokia N9 in the last months.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-06-29 at 02:01.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@Estel: you can add my name to your list, for completeness sake.
Why should I? You're mostly inactive, most of the time, just jumping here and there, when You see some situation, where you can put Your comment, without involving any work, anyway. Your posts neither hurt me, or make me feel great

Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
You can't expect people to follow irc and ml. You can't expect people to take part in making the rules.
I think, that it's the point, where difference lies. I actually expect people to read mailing list (it's main Communication channel for all productive things in Community, unlike TMO, which isn't either official or, most of the time, very productive ), and I expect people to take part in making rules.

Remember, Council is not government. You don't choose us to have someone to blame for Community fails. All after all, it's, Community, who made those rules, not Council. I someone doesn't want to participate in creating rules, then he shouldn't come and cry later.

I'm unpaid volunteer, and I'm participating in creating rules, because I want to have positive impact and contribute the Community. I could step down from being Councilor any day, it doesn't matter much, in fact. There is no all-powerful governing body, that will do some things in name of Community. Either Community pick up *** and work, or it won't happen.

not to mention, that majority of (out)cry'ers have submitted themselves to CA, so they knew rules and - most of the time - other participants *very* well.

@ZogG
your posts is so full of lies and manipulations - apparently, done on purpose - that I'm not even going to bash them all. Everyone with access to mailing list archives (it's public) and logs from Council meetings can judge himself. You're the one, who advocated "I wasn't participating in creating rules, because I doesn't need to, I just come and demand!", that it speaks enough about You - You like to force Your view about things on others, but when there is time to do real work and participate, You're absent. Just like gerbrick, or any other "notorious talker" without any useful contributions for Community in their history.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-06-29 at 02:04.

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
I don't understand how the council doesn't see that NITDroid make N900/N9 more popular as :
- the NITDroid forum has approx. 2.5 thousand registered users;
- NITDroid was and is well cited all over Internet, promoting Nokia N9 in the last months.
Why You think so? Actually, e-yes work was valued quite high during discussions about winners - he just was outrun by people that, in our opinion (and discretion), contributed more.

All this talks about "whose e-penis is longer (copyright to javispedro)" ends up in people thinking, that someone who hasn't won device, is considered crap-doer by Council. Of course, it isn't true, and it's one of reasons why we will *never* publish discussions about every single submission.

Arguing "why this contribution is better than that" always lead to disaster and hurt feelings (no irony here). Its just a pity, that some submitters were not grown-up enough, to take being non-awarded winner (as there are no losers, every Community Contributor is winner, IMO) with dignity and happy face, congratulating winners.

It was saddening, to see how many people disregard other's contributions, just because people in question would allocate prizes differently. Not to mention those, who "demanded" re-allocating of prizes, just because due to own ego.

Thankfully, we're finished with this, already.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-06-29 at 02:11.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
@ZogG
your posts is so full of lies and manipulations - apparently, done on purpose - that I'm not even going to bash them all. Everyone with access to mailing list archives (it's public) and logs from Council meetings can judge himself. You're the one, who advocated "I wasn't participating in creating rules, because I doesn't need to, I just come and demand!", that it speaks enough about You - You like to force Your view about things on others, but when there is time to do real work and participate, You're absent. Just like gerbrick, or any other "notorious talker" without any useful contributions for Community in their history.

/Estel
all my answer is 90% quote, so how is it possible to be lie?

and if we got personal, and you always talk about others contributions, that they do not deserve anything, are you comparing to yours? As i do see you did things, but i don't see anything outstanding and that biig that you can use the word "merit" and "my contribution" in every single post few times =)

the quote from above post was from your post about the rules from 30-05-2012 and i can't lie by quoting you. Or you would feel better with links? Than i can do that too:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=40 - your post (if you want to edit it we would see the edit date btw)

here is maillist http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...read.html#5259 the Community Awards/Coding competition thread

And here is your submission on 17th on June few weeks later only, the last day of CA:

http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...ne/005473.html

Now tell me where can i lie just providing the links and time line here?

Edit:

Last edited by ZogG; 2012-06-29 at 02:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
My proposition to help give peace and justice to the Maemo/MeeGo community.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
@Estel
The summary you have posted in a response to my post is way more accurate - I appreciate that. Still, I disagree with some points but this is just difference of opinion and we can agree to disagree, I guess.
As for the minority of protesters - it's obvious that minority is posting in the thread but as to account for the feelings of readers - who also may or may not have doubts - I can't say.
And yes, I agree that protests are ill timed and should have been before CA.
However, I think many people paid only little attention to CA prior to it's results (i.e. that this thing exists and some people will get sweet N9s/N950s) without really following all the discussions about it.
Why is that?
Well, I guess that this is partially because they laid their trust in the Council that they'll do it right or didn't care much, or were not aware that such discussion was taking place. As it turns out it was a mistake, because raising concerns then would be far more beneficial. But it's an assessment error to expect people to read and tear through all the discussions and posts, so, another thought for the future, if there's next CA: when the Council agrees on final rules, they should be presented in TMO as a sticky or something and add tags like "boobs" or "PR 4.3 update" or "N9 hack to control Voyager II probe" to lure everybody in. Then every to-be-unsatisfied could make comments there, in an easily visible and available thread (basically, rub the thread in everybody's faces so no one can claim it wasn't there).
Nevertheless, as I've said before, reviewing results of CA is not at option at all.
I like rcolistete suggestions as much as I like the idea of donation. Anyhow, if the donation is agreed upon and established I will definitely participate. Until the, don.edri out.

PS And I think we all should focus on the greater good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUpbOliTHJY

Last edited by don.edri; 2012-06-29 at 07:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don.edri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I think to some degree the screaming has stopped and there's actually some constructive discussion going on. Perhaps you should read a post or two. Sometimes threads change, once in a rare while even for the better.
OK, I just did as you suggested and read lots more pages from where I last left off. And I'm afraid to say my opinion remains the same.

My new thread title:
not
The mammoth talking-bollox-about-my-bollox-being-bigger-than-your-bollox-but-I-don't-have-the-bollox-to-give-in-gracefully thread

I'm off

The Following User Says Thank You to dumpystig For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
OK, I just did as you suggested and read lots more pages from where I last left off. And I'm afraid to say my opinion remains the same.

My new thread title:
not
The mammoth talking-bollox-about-my-bollox-being-bigger-than-your-bollox-but-I-don't-have-the-bollox-to-give-in-gracefully thread

I'm off
I think I can make that fit.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Go ahead

Originally Posted by gregoranderson View Post
PAGGER!

This is like bairns fighting over Panini stickers. Grow up the lot of you. Nobody ever gets the silver-foiled Kevin Keegan sticker.

Infact ... a crumpled Willie Miller at best, found at the bottom of your satchel.
I just nostalgia'd hard. Thats some vintage **** right there. A crumpled Willie miller? Hah, talk about getting the wooden spoon!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
clarity, council fail, dishonesty, outcry, titfortat, trollmageddon, trolls, untrustworthy, whereisthelove