Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Ok so this issue has plagued me since the start of my N9 ownership. This problem existed from PR1.0 for me and it drove me nuts.

I was on pr005 from Australia.

I decide for pr1.3 to flash to pr001 global, which is vanilla. I also got a new micro-sim from t-mobile.

At this point My service is better on my N9 than any other phone I have.

This seems to be the way to go... Also if you're looking for only 3g service it's very hit or miss everywhere. If you set it on dual or gsm, it's solid as a rock.
Are you in the US? What part?

Also, for the technologically clueless (e.g. ME), can you explain what 'flash to pr001 global which is vanilla' means?

Very excited to hear that you've found a fix!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
flashing to pr001 global vanilla means downloading firmware for pr1.3 with product code 059K3R1 for 16GB or 059K3S0 for 64GB N9s...refer to the comprehensive flashing guide on how to flash but these are the product codes you need to be aware of...

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by moose46 View Post
Are you in the US? What part?

Also, for the technologically clueless (e.g. ME), can you explain what 'flash to pr001 global which is vanilla' means?

Very excited to hear that you've found a fix!
Southern California.

Look for what thedead1440 posted.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Last edited by Arie; 2012-07-25 at 15:30.

I've been using tmobile since 06 in my area of the U.S. Last week or so I had a few service issues in the nights. I thought it might just be maintenance. Since then it has always been great for me since the beginning. N9 or others. Using a Singapore variant pr1.3 with a micro sim running either on Dual mode or GSM based profilematic's rules.

The Following User Says Thank You to solstice88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by solstice88 View Post
I've been using tmobile since 06 in my area of the U.S. Last week or so I had a few service issues in the nights. I thought it might just be maintenance. Since then it has always been great for me since the beginning. N9 or others. Using a Singapore variant pr1.3 with a micro sim running either on Dual mode or GSM based profilematic's rules.
Almost same status for me as well, only difference is I've been with tmobile since 2001 when it was voicestream, b/c I wanted the ability to switch sims, and it was the only provider in the U.S. at the time with full GSM. No problems with N9 and Tmobile, in northeast U.S.

Originally Posted by solstice88 View Post
I've been using tmobile since 06 in my area of the U.S. Last week or so I had a few service issues in the nights. I thought it might just be maintenance..
This has to be it - didn't have to reflash or anything, and the phone/service is working great now. Tmobile could've given us a heads up...jerks!

Maemomd, I've been with em since their time as Voicestream as well....those were the good ol' days.

thanks to all for your help.