I have searched everywhere (hope not) for a decent Drive Logger for the N9 but couldn't find one so you are my last try otherwise I might need to switch phone.

I need to be able to track milage with my company car for Tax reasons and to be able to export this in an easy way. My thought is; I can't be the only N9 owner that use a company car and need an easy way to keep track of all this? I will not do it with paper/pen and I would not use a crappy software like Ovi Drive Logger (last updated 2011).

I checked what was available in App store and what can I say, there are plenty of them and they are really good.

The last thing I want is to put my N9 aside becuase of this. So guys, any suggestions?

Thanks

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Have you tried camdrive?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Why don't you just use "Sports Tracker"?

This does exactly what you want. (Tracking mileage & start/stop time).

I use it myself when I have to use my personal car for work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edbanger For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Camdrive - Hadn't tried before but it won't work. It records video and have the led activated so not much use since you can't turn this off. My need is not really the intention of the app so I can't complain about it.

Sports Tracker - Yes it crossed my mind and would have worked ok if only for a few occations. But to use it daily in a couple of years will not work. And you can't export data in other format than .gpx format which is not very useful. I would need at least some .csv format to get decent reports.

Seems like a dead end then. Crap..

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Well you can always request on the camdrive thread for the dev to maybe help you with just logging the info without video etc...

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
If you need csv then you should use meetrainer. I think you will find everything you are looking for.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to herdem09 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
I have searched everywhere (hope not) for a decent Drive Logger for the N9 but couldn't find one so you are my last try otherwise I might need to switch phone.

I need to be able to track milage with my company car for Tax reasons and to be able to export this in an easy way. My thought is; I can't be the only N9 owner that use a company car and need an easy way to keep track of all this? I will not do it with paper/pen and I would not use a crappy software like Ovi Drive Logger (last updated 2011).

I checked what was available in App store and what can I say, there are plenty of them and they are really good.

The last thing I want is to put my N9 aside becuase of this. So guys, any suggestions?

Thanks
is this good enough? http://store.ovi.com/content/220442?...e=search&pos=4

The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Try MeeTrainer. You can export as .csv and get nearly perfect data as well.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 View Post
is this good enough? http://store.ovi.com/content/220442?...e=search&pos=4
Thanks, I will try to see if it works. I shouldn't have continued to look in apps store where you have colour graphs, excel exports via e-mail and everything else you might need. I'm a N9 user and should settle with what's out there. Maybe should query the developer of one of the nicest apps out there, Velocimeter. I accept that apps are more expensive for my N9 and I'm all in for paying for them. Problem is that quality is most of the time 10% of the equal Apple product.

My phone is not only a toy but I need to be able to make my every day easier. My N9 do most of that and I'm proud to have it at work. I bought it for my own money to use as my work phone even though my company would give me an Android or iOS phone for free. I don't know anyone in my city that is using a N9 so I like the feeling of being unique.

But more often now I need extended functionality and this is an example where I need it but can't get it. Sure I can use a sports tracker app but seriously, I'll need to use it everyday and I need a decent app for it. I'm not an app guy and that was one reason I picked the N9, I loved it and I really appreciate the community which is achivening great things. I was, before my N9, with Palm Pre2 and WebOS. It was killed by HP and I missed the swipes, multi-tasking and the community. Then N9 was released and I thought that this was the natural next step which I haven't regret (except for bad moments when bugs since pr1.0 piss me off or lags. Last thing really improved though since Faster N9 and faster transitions)

Thanks again for your input, appreciated. I will seriously try some of them out to see if it at least covers the basic needs and if it is suitable for everyday use.

Last edited by Diggler; 2012-09-28 at 21:13. Reason: Typo