Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by pali View Post
CallNotify check if for silent via profiled key "ringing.alert.type" != "silent"

Also check "ringing.alert.volume" != 0 for calls and "sms.alert.volume" != 0 for sms.

So you can use ringing.alert.type=silent - CallNotify will handle it.
/home/user/.profiled/custom.ini
Code:
# custom profile values
[Noc]

email.alert.volume=0
im.alert.volume=0
ringing.alert.type=silent
ringing.alert.volume=0
sms.alert.volume=0
system.sound.level=0
touchscreen.sound.level=0
vibrating.alert.enabled=Off
this is whole settings, so it should be correct, but it doesn't work ...

so, anybody else tested it and had same problems as me ?! please tell, it is annoying when some email comes, mobile doesn't ring and after 5 minutes it starts ringing :/

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by mr_jrt View Post
I've not changed those settings for a looong time, and I have the notifier stuck in my status area telling me I have a sms because I read the sms before the phone notified me it had arrived (may have had the conversation window open - don't recall).
Happened again to me.
This time I am sure I had at least one specific contacts conversation window open. And I think also the general conversation window.
I read the SMS after the hildon popup had gone, for sure.

Only way to shut down the annoying looping alarm was to reboot or to send yourself a message.

pali? If you could take a look it would be nice.But not demanding, just if there is some time slot free...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
It happens to me maybe every 1 out of 15 times I receive an SMS (and do not read it at once).

I have not found a specific scenario to reproduce it, that's what kept me from reporting it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Yeah, possibly there is no scenario at all ...
Thanks for reporting, each hint could be useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Joseon
Bug?!

Is working fine since i check the missed call/sms and the app don't stop to announce a miss call/sms...what can i do to stop the annoying sound after checking?

The problems reported above seems to happen due to the way CallNotify.py was modified from my original working one (i.e. by introducing a bug in it while trying to fix something else). These modifications are on line 214 (decreasing the waiting time for filling notifications.db) and the new handler for handleMissed on line 96.

Please replace the file /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/CallNotify.py with the attached one and hopefully the above problems will not be reproduced anymore.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CallNotify 05-Oct-2012.zip (3.2 KB, 96 views)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yrannadx For This Useful Post:
I tried to reproduce above bug, but it appeared only once on my n900. So it is hard to me to catch the problem.

@yrannadx, thanks for patch! if more people confirm that this patch really fixing that bug, I can push it to extras-devel in new version.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
@yrannadx, thanks for patch! if more people confirm that this patch really fixing that bug, I can push it to extras-devel in new version.
I continually had issues with this sms bug and after installing yrannadx's patched version last week it certainly seems to have fixed it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cas07 For This Useful Post:
Ok, I pushed new version with yrannadx patch to Extras-devel

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post: