Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
The update from gngeo via the application manager is quite old, afaik you already have that one (the one that supports hotkeys).

As the autobuilder is broken for some weeks, we cannot upload new versions. Thats why I attached the file in this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=362

Download it, become root and install this deb file with "dpkg -i gngeo_0.7.0-3_armel.deb" and you are done.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Ade, I was already checking updates on App Man so I cancel now, will try it right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to gleydsonpr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Poland/Polska
this game woks on nokia n9??

Originally Posted by Blimer View Post
this game woks on nokia n9??
No, I am sorry, just N900. I tried to edit the thread name to make it even more clear, but don't know if that worked out.

S**t Ade, I've installed via XTerm but when I click on start nothing happens, I can open configurations, romlist, but when start game nothing happens. I have opened gngeo-gui using XTerm gngeo-gui.sh and got lots of Warning Cannot find variable raster in /root/.gngeo/gngeorc then Warning Cannot find variable p1key in /root/.gngeo/gngeorc then Warning Cannot find variable p2joy in /root/.gngeo/gngeorc and many more... showfps . Looks like I have to copy all the files to some other folder, can you help me fix that, I remember when I installed it said cannot find 'something' but forgot to ControlShiftP and don't remember now what it was, fu*k I was curious to see how it would perform in fullscreen to compare better with FBA app.

DON'T start it using root please, just as user. Starting as root will fail and is not desired.

edit:
to test if gngeo works:
/opt/gngeo/bin/gngeo <path_to_roms>/<rom_name>

to test if gngeo-gui works:
python /opt/gngeo-gui/gngeo-gui.py

- In xterm and as user -

And show me the exact text of any warnings or errors.

Last edited by ade; 2012-11-28 at 21:47.

Have just tried using XTerm without root , the gngeo-gui opens but the same, any game don't start when clicked start and the app becomes unresponsive. Really would like to see how fullscreen looks and emulation speed, pearphs is better when in fullscreen. If not can you tell me how to go back to previous version of gngeo?

I'm getting unknown or unsupported romset , am writing inside <path_to_roms>/<rom_name> like this

<home\user\MyDocs\roms>/<kof96> and without the <> <> My roms are on the folder roms on MyDocs. Still the same, I can start gui with

python /opt/gngeo-gui/gngeo-gui.py

But the same games don' start when clicked on start button, I think I have to copy the files of gngeo from some place to another or move, but don't mess with those things I don't understand much. Please help me Ade, otherwise I'll just go back to previous version...
Thank you anyway for trying to help me.

Please post the exact command of you trying to start gngeo itself.

In my case it is:

/opt/gngeo/bin/gngeo /home/user/MyDocs/emu-roms/neogeo/lresort.zip

Ok I got bios files missing, but this is strange as I had all my roms working before. will attach the screenshots... Thank you.

PS.: I will look on google for aes-bios.bin file.
Attached Images

Last edited by gleydsonpr; 2012-11-28 at 22:27.