Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
Does no one else tether their internet with T-Mobile?
Check this out and see if what they mentioned works for you, especially the first and fourth posts
https://support.t-mobile.com/message...oredirect=true
Let me know if it works; My friend has Tmobile's service on his N9 and tethering works for him with the SpotOn app.

Last edited by TheN9er; 2012-12-14 at 06:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by TheN9er View Post
Check this out and see if what they mentioned works for you, especially the first and fourth posts
https://support.t-mobile.com/message...oredirect=true
Let me know if it works; My friend has Tmobile's service on his N9 and tethering works for him with the SpotOn app.
The problem is that it actually tethers yet when I try to browse the internet with the tethered device ie; PC I get forwarded to a T-Mobile page explaining that they don't allow tethering of their 3G service.

The Following User Says Thank You to automagic68 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
The problem is that it actually tethers yet when I try to browse the internet with the tethered device ie; PC I get forwarded to a T-Mobile page explaining that they don't allow tethering of their 3G service.
What plan are you using? Have you contacted them to ask why your phone is not allowing tethering? It's not a problem with your N9 as you've stated, it a fault on Tmobile's side.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
I've read about 200 pages of this thread and haven't found a solution. Or perhaps I'm too tired (it was around 43 degrees Celcius today). I've installed inception and aegis. Then I proceed to choose Tweak T, and option 3. The battery icon didn't update, but everything else was there. So I decided to reboot (which didn't work). I uninstalled it (3-1-1-1), but now I'm stuck with the availability icons (which won't uninstall no matter what).

How do I get them uninstalled, and how can I get the battery icon with the percentage next to it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enerqy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by enerqy View Post
I've read about 200 pages of this thread and haven't found a solution. Or perhaps I'm too tired (it was around 43 degrees Celcius today). I've installed inception and aegis. Then I proceed to choose Tweak T, and option 3. The battery icon didn't update, but everything else was there. So I decided to reboot (which didn't work). I uninstalled it (3-1-1-1), but now I'm stuck with the availability icons (which won't uninstall no matter what).

How do I get them uninstalled, and how can I get the battery icon with the percentage next to it?
Did you tried T-3-1-1-6 ? It should replace battery icon to percentage. You CAN'T get icon + percentage... Hmmm maybe from tweak T-1 if I remember right...

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Did you tried T-3-1-1-6 ? It should replace battery icon to percentage. You CAN'T get icon + percentage... Hmmm maybe from tweak T-1 if I remember right...
I had tried that. I had thought it possible to get both. I'll get that widget then, because I kinda like the icon.

And I guess there's no possible fix for the availability thing unless I hard reset/flash?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I had tried that. I had thought it possible to get both. I'll get that widget then, because I kinda like the icon.

And I guess there's no possible fix for the availability thing unless I hard reset/flash?
You want to remove the availability row of toggles?

You can do a full uninstall using N9QTweak or just type in terminal:

Code:
devel-su
{enter your password}
apt-get purge system-ui-avialability

Also, usually most things can be fixed without hard resetting or reflashing; don't get into the "reflash for every issue" mood as you'll get bored pretty soon and find it cumbersome...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-12-15 at 05:00. Reason: s/'/"

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=thedead1440;1304703]You want to remove the availability row of toggles?

You can do a full uninstall using N9QTweak or just type in terminal:

Code:
devel-su
{enter your password}
apt-get purge system-ui-avialability

It said it couldn't find the package

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
It said it couldn't find the package
Ok can you post the output of:

Code:
dpkg -l | grep system-ui

Also a re-install of stock system-ui should do the job; are you in normal mode or open mode? I mean did you use inception or open mode method for installation?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Ok can you post the output of:

Code:
dpkg -l | grep system-ui

Also a re-install of stock system-ui should do the job; are you in normal mode or open mode? I mean did you use inception or open mode method for installation?
Output:

Code:
ii system-ui    1.3.2-1+0m8    Various system user interfaces

ii system-ui-avialability     1.3.3-1+0m8    Status menu avialability widgets extension

ii system ui-screenlock-nokia    1.3.3-1+0m8    Screen lock extension for system-ui, Nokia style

ii system-ui-status-indicator-menu-volume-nokia    1.3.3-1+0m8    Volume extension for system-ui status indicator menu, Nokia style

ii system-ui-theme-nokia     1.3.3-1+0m8    Nokia style themes for system-ui

ii system-ui-volume-nokia     1.3.3-1+0m8    Volume extension for system-ui, Nokia style

ii systemui-l10n-engineering-english     1.3.2-1+0m8    Engineering English translations for system-ui daemon
I noticed a typo in "avialbility".

I used inception for installation. How would I go about a reinstallation of the stock system ui?

Tags
hebrew vkb, n9 qtweak, n9 quick tweak, n9 quicktweak, root-ssh