Active Topics

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by TheN9er View Post
Same thing happened to me when I was changing my housings. Here is the solution:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=11
unfortunately, it was the screw next to the front camera... I dont think I can get a Dremel in there to cut a slot

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dommau For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dommau View Post
unfortunately, it was the screw next to the front camera... I dont think I can get a Dremel in there to cut a slot
Well lucky for you I stripped 5 screws....and one of them was the camera one. Just be careful when you do it. If you're not sure you can do it yourself ask someone who can. In my case, my friend works at jewelry/watch shop and he did it for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
any official white silicon case for N9? like black/magenta/cyan silicon case from nokia..?

damn, loving that white vkb for white n9

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
any official white silicon case for N9? like black/magenta/cyan silicon case from nokia..?

damn, loving that white vkb for white n9
An official white case, unfortunately, there isn't one. But eBay has a few knockoff ones that look like the real deal. However, some cases will have perfect cut outs and others will be slightly misaligned. I got this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Rub...item1c27d7102a

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
An official white case, unfortunately, there isn't one. But eBay has a few knockoff ones that look like the real deal. However, some cases will have perfect cut outs and others will be slightly misaligned. I got this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Rub...item1c27d7102a
I got one very similar, but the white is very 'off white' compare with my beautiful N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Has the smudging of the white case ever become permanent for anyone?

The Following User Says Thank You to automagic68 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
Has the smudging of the white case ever become permanent for anyone?
What do you have in mind by "smudging?" Fingerprint smudging wipes right off. I had a pen stain smudged on the back a week ago and rubbing alcohol took it off. The white housing is apparently smudge proof (there might be one substance out there that might smudge but I haven't encountered it yet).

Last edited by TheN9er; 2012-12-18 at 13:47.

What do you have in mind by "smudging?" Fingerprint smudging wipes right off. I had a pen stain smudged on the back a week ago and rubbing alcohol took it off. The white housing is apparently smudge proof (there might be one substance out there that might smudge but I haven't encountered it yet).
By "smudging" I meant anything that would discolour the case like your pen stain example. So based on your observations, rubbing alcohol removes any discolourations?

Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
By "smudging" I meant anything that would discolour the case like your pen stain example. So based on your observations, rubbing alcohol removes any discolourations?
Yup, rubbing alcohol would remove almost all discolorations; previously, I had highlighter and pen stains on it that went away after using a cotton swab and alcohol. Never tried a permanent marker though... . Pretty sure that could be taken off also.

parts4repair.com has the white housing sold out, does anyone know anywhere else I can purchase a white OEM housing? Thanks

Tags
dinosaur bones, much ado, unicorn