Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
i think nightly8 should contain acc and amr already

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
I know, most people here think, it's the comments by testers, that are the reason, but my understanding of what i read is different.

https://github.com/tgalal/wazapp/pul...mment-11217087
I don't see how this could be related

Originally Posted by evujumenuk View Post
Oh.

It's plain old rejection? tgalal doesn't want to dance with coderus?
Rejecting a single change from the many ones coderus kindly contributes doesn't mean it's the end.

Originally Posted by kumary View Post
if above is the case then i will use nightly8 build always till i have N9 and using whatsapp services.

the above mentioned change was requested by users (us), and coderus did that for us so whats wrong in it. On the other hand its very useful.

you are in group chat and surfing web as well. You can see all incoming msgs in notification area and just go to wazapp when any msg is directed at you or you would like to revert to.any msg until then carry on with whatever you are doing. It could b anything on mobile like watching video, surfing internet, etc

coderus urs nightly 8 is the best build i had on N9. Thanks mate.

cheers
I personally tried that change and found it buggy, and annoying. I'm sure many users would agree. I'd only add it if it's optional.

I would like also to clear out that I do believe Wazapp without efforts from guys like Cepi, Coderus, Knobtviker and other contributors wouldn't have made it to the state it has become today. No one asked me to create that credits page, and they are included there for a reason despite any disagreements I might have had with any of them (Coderus should jump to major contributors btw, his contributions are invaluable). Last I heard, disagreements between devs is a normal thing.
What's also normal is that I should not blindly accept whatever I get. I try to carefully inspect and test the changes I receive. If I reject some change, then it must be for a reason which has to do with the quality of the app; either externally for users, or internally for other devs. This however rarely happens as most of the time I either try to fix issues that I find in a pull request myself, or ask the submitter to change it.

I admit I do get mad sometimes and perhaps I act offensive, actually wazapp's code is full of could-be-offensive comments written by me. However, if a developer can't take criticism about his own "public" code, then perhaps he should go find something else to do.

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post

I personally tried that change and found it buggy, and annoying. I'm sure many users would agree. I'd only add it if it's optional.

Thanks Tgalal.

it will be great if it can be added as an optional so that people like me can use it.

Cheers to all developers...!!

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Germany
I hope you proceed with tgalal wazapp and there are further updates you do a great job and for free

also

Cepi, Coderus, Knobtviker

big thank her do one big job

I hope cepi will also come back again

and hope there is no dispute
thanks to all of me

The Following User Says Thank You to d@niel For This Useful Post:
My phone said 'fileformat broken' or something like that when clicking the link to download and install the app from wazapp.im - but after downloading it, installation worked fine and I love the app. Thanks for the work, I donated 5 euro to keep you going ;-)

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I don't see how this could be related

Rejecting a single change from the many ones coderus kindly contributes doesn't mean it's the end.

I would like also to clear out that I do believe Wazapp without efforts from guys like Cepi, Coderus, Knobtviker and other contributors wouldn't have made it to the state it has become today. No one asked me to create that credits page, and they are included there for a reason despite any disagreements I might have had with any of them (Coderus should jump to major contributors btw, his contributions are invaluable). Last I heard, disagreements between devs is a normal thing.
What's also normal is that I should not blindly accept whatever I get. I try to carefully inspect and test the changes I receive. If I reject some change, then it must be for a reason which has to do with the quality of the app; either externally for users, or internally for other devs. This however rarely happens as most of the time I either try to fix issues that I find in a pull request myself, or ask the submitter to change it.

I admit I do get mad sometimes and perhaps I act offensive, actually wazapp's code is full of could-be-offensive comments written by me. However, if a developer can't take criticism about his own "public" code, then perhaps he should go find something else to do.
you don't have to explain your reasons... without you we wouldn't have any kind whatsapp... so just keep going

The Following User Says Thank You to snooky For This Useful Post:
Hey,

I used Blue Stack to get an verification code from Whatsapp, but it was six digits in the format: xxx-xxx

Wazapp didn't accept this format. Any Ideas?

It is a german number if this info matters...

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Originally Posted by newur View Post
Hey,

I used Blue Stack to get an verification code from Whatsapp, but it was six digits in the format: xxx-xxx

Wazapp didn't accept this format. Any Ideas?

It is a german number if this info matters...
Whatsapp recently updated registration. I'll send out an update to fix it asap

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
Wow, 2 minutes for an answer. I am a "little" impressed

So thank you very much for the information. Would it be possible to update the wiki, if the update is released? Searching here is kind of... tedious (because of the fast pace of replies).

Whatsapp recently updated registration. I'll send out an update to fix it asap

hi all,
i downloaded the app for the first time yesterday
i see above that it has been mentioned that they have changed registration... Thats probably why i dont get a verification sms ?!

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp