Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Off topic: Look at them thanking each other. xD

On topic: FasterN9 1.1.4 is working perfectly fine for me. No MALF.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Installed v1.1.4 and NO MALF for now
Thanks traysh.

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Just installed fasterN9 1.1.4 and it didn't cause malph state. Everything runs smooth now. Had 1.0.1 and the performance is now better.
Thanks for this mod Traysh

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Working w/o MALF but performance a bit laggy. Scrolling through text messages of 1 person or fast scrolling through RSS feeds in notifications panel. For the rest working OK

Originally Posted by traysh View Post
You're probably the most active guy in this thread and you've been very helpful. Thank you very much!
Thread??? You mean forum

Installed 1.1.4, everything seems to work much faster and smoother. Phone so far is much more responsive.

You didn't happen to overclock the CPU with 1.1.4 did you? It makes my phone heat up like an oven. The top back area is the hottest by far. I'm not sure how to debug this for you so just ask me questions and I'll answer.

However, the performance is much better in almost everything, scrolling through texts is really laggy and opening apps takes longer but once open they do run faster. Swype also seams to be more responsive.

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
You're probably the most active guy in this thread and you've been very helpful. Thank you very much!
he is the most active in every threads .

anyway, no MALF for me either . Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by Vromoth View Post
You didn't happen to overclock the CPU with 1.1.4 did you? It makes my phone heat up like an oven. The top back area is the hottest by far. I'm not sure how to debug this for you so just ask me questions and I'll answer.

However, the performance is much better in almost everything, scrolling through texts is really laggy and opening apps takes longer but once open they do run faster. Swype also seams to be more responsive.
No overclock. Please run top on terminal if you can and tell me if any process is heavily using the cpu. Report if this issue isn't gone.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Bug Report (sorry ):

- When a new email notification comes, clicking the new email notification on status bar results in the device becoming stuck/hanged meaning you have to kill fenix via SSH or restart the device for it to work again...

Edit: Ignore the above for somewhile, i just tested that after clicking on the notification, i was continuously swiping the screen so it never got stuck till Fenix opened with the mail; i could have had a random occurrence...

Edit 2: For some reason the email app seems a tad too laggy; switching between folders etc are quite slow. traysh, maybe something could be done about this? Thanks!

Edit 3: I can confirm my original issue was a random occurrence i.e. the phone doesn't freeze when a mail notification is clicked on the status bar. So the only issue is the mail app becoming a bit too slow. Thanks!

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-12-27 at 18:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I'm still using 1.0.1 and so far no problems*

Additionally I have overclocked my N9 with OPPtimizer (currently on 1,25 GHz)...
Are there any known issues using FasterN9 1.1.4 on an overclocked device?

* I have only noticed following: after booting my N9 with FasterN9 (1.0.1) it takes really long to open the "Notes" unlike without FasterN9 (starting other Apps doesn't take that long, so there is only a issue with "Notes").

Last edited by torcida; 2012-12-26 at 23:13.