Active Topics

I have it on my N900. It works fine, but is not that easy to use like Nokia's Media Player.

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
Thank you all
I have one question left: is it possible to change the stereo balance in the music player or even systemwide? I recently had a hearing loss and now I need to make sound a little bit louder on the left side, when listening to music... thx for any hints
Well, don't know if this work, but maybe you can play a while with alsamixer in terminal (remember to be root). Predriv option can be boosted to 100% to get system wise, louder sounds.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Finally received it yesterday
Damn, that screen is tiny. But I love the device
Does anybody know where to download the opensh package, as the server is down? Already installed inception, but I understood that I need opensh, too.
Sorry, if I overlooked something, but its early in the morning.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Ok, sorry to say, but the N9 doesnt want to be my friend
Most of the programs I was waiting to finally install on it, didnt run or even install
And then I came to the bitter conclusion, that most of the running apps IMHO can't compete with what I have been used to on Android. Again, this is my opinion and I don't intend to hurt anyones feelings.

But: I've tried and fiddled the whole day to get an N900 chroot onto my S3 and I finally managed the first step Long live the N900 experience
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Hehe, Exellent!

Epic thread!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

yeah, the rise and the falling of the N9 in my hands still want to keep it, though currently I'm really depressed about the whole experience...

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Finally received it yesterday
Damn, that screen is tiny. But I love the device
Does anybody know where to download the opensh package, as the server is down? Already installed inception, but I understood that I need opensh, too.
Sorry, if I overlooked something, but its early in the morning.
About Inception & opensh, yes, the Inception site is down, but not the topics about it. See the "Inception.zip" file in the item B-1 of "Easy Debian Harmattan". "opensh" is not usually needed, the new version of Inception suggest "ariadne sh" instead of "opensh".
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Ok, sorry to say, but the N9 doesnt want to be my friend
Most of the programs I was waiting to finally install on it, didnt run or even install
How anyone can help you or even understand your sentence if you don't explain what softwares and how you have tried to install ?

And then I came to the bitter conclusion, that most of the running apps IMHO can't compete with what I have been used to on Android. Again, this is my opinion and I don't intend to hurt anyones feelings.
Softwares about which subject ???
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
How anyone can help you or even understand your sentence if you don't explain what softwares and how you have tried to install ?

Softwares about which subject ???
Ok, that will become a longer post...

For example I installed Internet Radio Player and added my paid di.fm stream as a new station. Compared to the native Android app which buffers at least 30 sec in advance, this app seems to play without too much buffering, causing an interrupted listening experience while moving

Opening really tiny text files with filebox takes up to 10-12 seconds, I can't find a reason why... I hate Android, but on Android they open almost instantly.

Power menu by Mohammadag doesn't do anything when selecting for example "reboot".

The MT-toggles are installed, but not visible on my N9.

I had a hard time finding out that I need to unload Aegis to be able to install things like theme changer.

Browsing is laggy, Opera is better but I had high hopes for Snowshoe. This didn't want to start even after 10th reboot.

I love this system, but it feels like somewhat halfbaked, not finished. It can by no means compare with the N900 for example and maybe I should better get a used N900 again. I should never have sold this...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Ok, that will become a longer post...

For example I installed Internet Radio Player and added my paid di.fm stream as a new station. Compared to the native Android app which buffers at least 30 sec in advance, this app seems to play without too much buffering, causing an interrupted listening experience while moving
No idea on this as I've never used it; someone else can comment...

Opening really tiny text files with filebox takes up to 10-12 seconds, I can't find a reason why... I hate Android, but on Android they open almost instantly.
Txt files are auto-detected in the "Documents" app; clicking from there they open instantly too

Power menu by Mohammadag doesn't do anything when selecting for example "reboot".
Did you install it correctly?

The MT-toggles are installed, but not visible on my N9.
Again did you install them correctly? N9QTweak has them too; maybe you should use N9QTweak to automate such things...

I had a hard time finding out that I need to unload Aegis to be able to install things like theme changer.
Theme Changer or Theme Settings have never required Aegis to be unloaded; what are you really trying to do and maybe you are following incorrect instructions?

Browsing is laggy, Opera is better but I had high hopes for Snowshoe. This didn't want to start even after 10th reboot.
Stock Browser on the N9 is the only one that covers almost all bases in terms of performance & usability... Snowshoe is kinda dead so don't keep high hopes for it... Again installation issue that it didn't open?

If you ever have issues with an app or tweak you can post on that thread and maybe get it corrected as the above mostly seem installation issues

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: