Active Topics

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
in my opinion there is no "still" for phones like n900. Just look around the forum. it is usable untill the hardware completely fails to function.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artyom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Noone really does use it as their daily phone. Proof? I haven't seen one in public for years, even the n9 is rarely seen in any city.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Noone really does use it as their daily phone. Proof? I haven't seen one in public for years, even the n9 is rarely seen in any city.
I did see two last year on my university.

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
I did see two last year on my university.
Are you sure?

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Are you sure?
Flip backcover + pen... and the bulky of n900 is kinda difficult to miss...

Also, I'm in the Technological Center in my university cursing Computer Science... I'm fairly certain of what I saw.

I did shake a bit when I saw another n900 but I managed to restrain myself :P

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
Flip backcover + pen... and the bulky of n900 is kinda difficult to miss...

Also, I'm in the Technological Center in my university cursing Computer Science... I'm fairly certain of what I saw.

I did shake a bit when I saw another n900 but I managed to restrain myself :P
That is truly amazing!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Uruguay
Soooo... as in your limited reachable universe there is no proof that anyone uses the phone, you have to 100% cientifically come to the conclusion that there is noone else using it on any of the other unreachable uncountable universes.

I bet you work in politics...

Well, i use it and on my country that has 3.5 million people (country) there is a bunch of people who use it, and i have to say that i have seen personally and on the streen more N9 than N900.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RichardN900 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FreddyW View Post
Still using the N900 as my only phone. Sadly have to abandon it soon though, as I need to run some Android apps (charge app of electric car). I do not want to use NitDroid.
Funny coincidence, but the electric car, or rather the lack of related Maemo apps, is one of the reasons forcing me to retire my N900 soon. Too cumbersome to have them both

The Following User Says Thank You to Val Demar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Val Demar View Post
Funny coincidence, but the electric car, or rather the lack of related Maemo apps, is one of the reasons forcing me to retire my N900 soon. Too cumbersome to have them both
Originally Posted by FreddyW View Post
Still using the N900 as my only phone. Sadly have to abandon it soon though, as I need to run some Android apps (charge app of electric car). I do not want to use NitDroid.
Quick reply...
You don't have to use NitDroid to run Android-apps on Nokia N900. You can do it right in Fremantle. Try Apkenv and report the problems, if any are encountered.
Congratulations on getting an electric car.
Best wishes. Just trying to help...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Hello; I am using my N900 from Dec. 2009. Im very happy with it. I tried a Galaxy SII, but never change. The N900 is very usable for me. Im not sure if change in the future, maybe with the ubuntu phones.

The Following User Says Thank You to bioepi For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900