Active Topics

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
Can't connect to wireless-A only mode network.

Bug 378
this is also something that I dont understand, it's clearly stated that only place to report bugs is http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...p?220-Nokia-N9

If you enter enything to harmattan-bugs, its just ignored, since there are _0_ Nokia employees reading that bugzilla. So why are people adding comments to closed and abandoned bugzilla? If there are critical defects that you want fixed, you should report them in that forum and not in bugzilla (and even then it will be most likely ignored unless it's really critical).
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-03-07 at 09:24.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
signed, crossing my fingers for it to work

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Signed I hope Elop doesn't act like a dick and ignores it..
Well, keep on with the optimism!

500 people are sure easier to ignore than for example 3126 people or even 3468 peope!

As you see this petitioning Nokia to do something about Meego is not a new thing. Even this one has more "signatures" than the current one.

Especially are funny reading the comments on the last one, things like

"I'm also getting my next phone from Intel with MeeGo."

Hilarious!

Last edited by herpderp; 2013-03-07 at 10:00.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post

500 people are sure easier to ignore than for example 3126 people or even 3468 peope!

As you see this petitioning Nokia to do something about Meego is not a new thing. Even this one has more "signatures" than the current one.
Yea.. But what if Elop does the expected? We all know he is a dickhead..

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Yea.. But what if Elop does the expected? We all know he is a dickhead..
As I said... Keep on dreaming!

The Following User Says Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy

Right, but these petition ask nokia to change their mind and keep meego or something similar, here we ask to fix some critical bugs... It's different, it's not a crazy request... Actually the craziest thing is the need to ask for this imho...

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
I agree with Lucazz990, keeping MeeGo is really an awesome request yet impossible. Despite Nokia going for Windows Phone, we will only ask them for a simple request which is bug fixing not more. Keeping MeeGo will turn the whole thing around and hiring back the Maemo team, and most of them are now in Jolla. And this team, I am sure that they won't accept to go back to Nokia since the went their own way now. And till that happens, Nokia will be REALLY late for their work.. Which won't help at all. So I think asking them for simple bug fixing might do the job since we have no other choice..

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
Right, but these petition ask nokia to change their mind and keep meego or something similar, here we ask to fix some critical bugs... It's different, it's not a crazy request... Actually the craziest thing is the need to ask for this imho...
I agree that it's crazy that you have to ask for support. On the other hand, it's also pretty crazy you expect they will do anything about it, considering the ROI is 0.

Their recent actions also show they drifted as far as possible from the OSS world.

Last edited by herpderp; 2013-03-07 at 10:47.

Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
I thought it was better to focus on requesting some bug fixing because they are "more" due than features... So it's more likely to happen (if only it could happen :P)
I'm not such a pessimist

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
I agree that it's crazy that you have to ask for support. On the other hand, it's also pretty crazy you expect they will do anything about it, considering the ROI is 0.
I know, but give it a try is not a big effort for anyone... as it is not for nokia to do something

Tags
donteventryto, nokia n9, sh1ts given: 0, sigs: 3000, wontfix