Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Well, I had hard time deciding if quoting it here wouldn't be giving a pitiful thing higher attention than it's worth...
@Estel. I'm having a hard time deciding what's right and what's wrong with you. I found #55 positive from you, but I didn't expect you would now embark on a fight with one of the VERY FEW people in this community who's actually DOING SOMETHING for the common good.

So I'd suggest you go back to your "people mean well" slogan, which I have nothing against with.

We have a problem here, and that problem is SD69 and the whole "the foundation is not a means but an end" game he seems to be playing. I may sound a bit radical (again), but at this moment I'm all for abandoning the Hildon Foundation and just creating a new one

The only problem would be getting the community-donated money back to the "real" foundation. I expect Rob would fight that as well. It's odd, but I always postponed my donation to the foundation. I donated directly to tech staff. That was quite "visionary" if you ask me

Last edited by reinob; 2013-04-16 at 09:03. Reason: s/not/now/

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Please look again. The Update was made as Secretary of the Foundation, who is responsible for keeping track of the Foundation's records, Directors, Officers, Committees, and other positions. Perhaps the Update could have been done by the Chairman, but Chair Samoff resigned in March.

The Update makes no decision and takes no action. In fact, it makes clear that the Board of Directors may decide the issue, protects the process for the benefit of all, and preserves a fair opportunity for other community members to be on the Hildon Foundation Council.

When someone attempts to self-appoint themselves to a position in the Foundation in a manner that was not official, and is passing themself off as having that position, it presents problems (no matter how much that person thinks they are entitled to the position). Instead of doing nothing and letting the situation continue unresolved, the Secretary is entitled, perhaps responsible for, clarifying the situation, that it was not the result of an official action but an attempted coup by three people to secure the position for themselves.
ROB, STOP TELLING ********!
Woody (Hildon Foundation BoD member) explained to us (MCC) that we shall align MCC and HFC rules, which we do via referendum. He also told us that we are already accepted/appointed as HFC. There's no "coup" going on, and we're not the gangsters you try to make us look like.
Your constant bashing and badmouthing council of doing "a coup" is extreme nonsense and only shows how you can't look over / beyond the edge of the plate you're sitting on and can't even communicate to your own BoD peers. And in all honesty, your behaviour makes your word less trustworthy and relevant for me and probably for others than woody's
>:-(
Also your "...protects the process for the benefit of all, and preserves a fair opportunity for other community members to be on the Hildon Foundation Council." is completely nonsensical, since... have you noticed that MCC (and YES, hifo council since according to at least 50% of BoD statements they are the same entity) will be elected in 3 weeks. So there IS your fair chance for everybody eligible to get into HFC. MCC and 66% of current HiFo moved on doing the right thing while leaving you behind since you were not able to have a meeting in >8 weeks. That's what's happening here.
Likewise rethink your BS about "secure the position for themselves", you're aware that election also means current council will vanish - if not re-elected BY COMMUNITY. It's your constant pushing to try and redefine all those facts and procedures according to your ideas, that makes a lot of community members think it's YOU who wants to secure YOUR position and decide who is in HFC and who's not

cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-04-16 at 13:39.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Woody (Hildon Foundation BoD member) explained to us (MCC) that we shall align MCC and HFC rules, which we do via referendum.
Yes, and this is something that's been needed for some time, regardless.

He also told us that we are already accepted/appointed as HFC. There's no "coup" going on, and we're not the gangsters you try to make us look like.
To be clear, I stated that it is my belief that at the original meeting, for which there are not minutes on the HiFo site, that this was addressed and approved. This would be the meeting during which the original elected Board was seated by the founders, and when the HiFo ByLaws were approved.

[On protecting] the process for the benefit of all,[].. have you noticed that MCC [] will be elected in 3 weeks. So there IS your fair chance for everybody eligible to get into HFC [and] that election also means current council will vanish - if not re-elected BY COMMUNITY.
Agreed. Where this an "attempted coup", this is a poor time to do it, as the entire Council is on it way into elections, so those staging said coup will not be "in power" for more than a week or two at most.

I'm sickened by the fact that Rob continues to use the HiFo account and the website as his bully pulpit. More sickening is that moderation is enabled, and someone is selectively not approving comments, including one I made the day the article was posted.

Last edited by woody14619; 2013-04-16 at 20:24. Reason: To fix referential langauge to clarify who "you" was. :)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I'm sickened by the fact that you 1) continue to use the HiFo account and the website as your bully pulpit. More sickening is that you have moderation enabled, and are selectively not approving comments, including one I made the day the article was posted.
1): Rob/Sd69

Right, my last post also "awaiting moderation" - another nasty practice only done by evil authoritarian entites that don't respect their community. Dear community, judge for yourself. I honestly hope all this will have an end for good, on Friday 19th. Then I'm tempted to organize these elections as my last act in maemo, since all this honestly is p*ssing me off. I just don't want to see maemo go bite the dust due to a (single member of) BoD that's paralyzing everything, for the "higher good" of staying in control instead of listening to community and actually helping maemo to flourish or at least age in honor. The solution would've been so simple: MMC not appointed as HFC? So what? Go ahead, appoint it (a second time), then HFC can provide rules for next election and everything groovy. But nooooo, that would be too simple.
Well, Woody already explained all that way better than I could.

ooh, on a sidenote, here's a copy of my post over at HiFo blog:
joerg_rw says:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
April 16, 2013 at 7:21 am
instead of pointing to nonsensical comments of uninvolved “rolodex” member, rather point to original http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=82 or better to my answer: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...91#post1336391
cheers
jOERG (who suddenly has late William Shatner on his mind, Boston Legal anybody?)

aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-04-16 at 19:19.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I'm sickened by the fact that Rob continues to use the HiFo account and the website as his bully pulpit. More sickening is that moderation is enabled, and someone is selectively not approving comments, including one I made the day the article was posted.
Not that I want to throw more wood in the fire, but a few days ago you told me:

Please stop saying this is a "one man show", it's clearly not. HiFo was founded by Council for the community to handle items that the Council (and/or community) could not legally handle. Currently there are three Directors, myself being one of them, as well as a founder of the organization. This was a "one man show" for all of about 2 days.
and

Again, Rob != Foundation.
There's obviously somebody here attempting a coup, but it's coming from the Board.

Now this is very ironical. I tried to visit "http://hildonfoundation.org/news/" and this is what my employer proxy returns:

Access Denied (content_filter_denied)

Your request was denied because of its content categorization: "Malicious Sources"

Last edited by chemist; 2013-04-17 at 09:26. Reason: MODERATED

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Not that I want to throw more wood in the fire, but a few days ago you told me:
Then don't,
take a breath and next time you think of circumventing forum's filter you should remember that there will be no mercy. And please, phrase your personal opinions not as facts!

(I'm replying to make sure all people get that I left the post alive as opinions wont be filtered)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Maybe you guys should all chill out a bit - it's wonderful beergarden weather. Besides that, solely hanging out with some booze would bring about the same level of progress in certain areas as the community observed for the last weeks/months.
Sorry, but what i observe atm is just another FOSS project plagued (or maybe brought to near death) by stupid politics, nitpicking about words and power plays.
Whatever.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
... solely hanging out with some booze would bring about the same level of progress in certain areas as the community observed for the last weeks/months.
Sorry, but what i observe atm is just another FOSS project plagued (or maybe brought to near death) by stupid politics, nitpicking about words and power plays.
Whatever.
observe closer then, neither of the assumptions in your statement is correct [edit2](sorry, not all is incorrect. I fully agree on the beergarden weather ;-D )[/edit2]. The progress is, in particular, the scheduled BoD meeting on Friday, which will hopefully sort all that stuff for good. And - as already stated - all this has little to no impact on "the FOSS project" at large, techstaff and volunteers are on the safe side regarding that, the *only* thing that's at peril somehow right now is the contract with Nokia and subsequently the DNS "maemo.org" and "the FOSS project's" legal status when distributing Nokia closed blobs. All three not exactly something that could kill a lively FOSS project. [edit] I forgot about the donations/funds that donors of community transferred to HiFo and that's also under HiFo control and so far has been made very little use of and would have unclear status and future if HiFo would implode or whatever is worst case scenario of all this [/edit]
What it could kill though is volunteers' and techstaff's motivation and peace of mind, even their bank account when legal issues would ensue. So nothing *you* need to worry about, unless you feel with us.

cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-04-17 at 17:34.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Thanks to whomever talked Hthbe into unclosing this thread, seeing the amount of BS being spewed (yes, I did assume SD was the new Stalin at first, with so many respectable members of the community grabbing pitchforks, after second look, seems the 'party' is the other way around). Had no idea which rule was broken

consider this post deleted, since it's an answer to deleted posts. I have no idea who and why deleted them, so I won't delete mine (yet).

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Sure, attack the person summarizing the thread, 'you'd have to follow how great my bylaws and me are', this thread just proves otherwise. You're attacking SD for keeping to what you've managed to piece together, surely the POS you pieced together can't be wrong when actual lawyer says it's ****
please stop spreading such unqualified nonsense (also in your previous lengthy post)!
Woody did a great job in helping to draft the bylaws and he been involved in inaugural HiFo, but for sure he didn't "pieced together a POS" - rather this been community teamwork over a timespan of months and finally got affirmation by a community referendum afaik. So your spitting poison here is very unpolite, inappropriate, uneducated, and damaging to community at large.
I don't even want to start dissecting *your* POS in #91 Or is #91 already too late? I wouldn't even know where to start on commenting and correcting all your BS, but I know where *you* should start: on #1 of this thread, then again at #1 of this thread, then read *all* the related threads. Then read this thread a THIRD time from beginning. Might help, though I wouldn't bet on it.

BR
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-04-17 at 22:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:

Tags
comic, marixian, no more popcorn