Notices

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
tracker issue i've experienced as well, random tracks each time. it likes to do silly things from time to time, like list 1 photo 4/5 times in gallery.
OT: It'd be great if tracker was upgraded. The upgrader would have to beware of compatibility (there should be a compat module)

The deps are there (or nearly there) (at least for the harmattan version). Vala builds superb (only an optify error on i386) so I try to push an updated version to extras-devel once again. If anyone can update tracker, it'd be great!

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
Sorry but, is it possible to make it work on the N9 ?
I really miss this software and the carmode on my N9

The Following User Says Thank You to turbovomit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by turbovomit View Post
Sorry but, is it possible to make it work on the N9 ?
I really miss this software and the carmode on my N9
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89727

What has to be done so that the GUI can be used (unless one want to rewrite the whole gui). Plus porting mafw, and no idea what about tracker.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by pali View Post
any known bug or feature request?
yes one feature request. is its possible to add Audio Balance support (left right headphone thing) ?

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
a bug? Sometimes when I open omp it takes a lot of time until it shows "x songs", "y videos". The layout doesnt rotate and one cannot simply turn off omp.
i confirm this bug. Present both in thumb and non-thumb versions.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Well, feature request - loosely connected with OMP: improving the mafw and decoders-support
(flv, replaygain)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
AFAIK fremantle and harmattan tracker have different API/ABI. And because internal closed maemo applications using fremantle tracker it is not possible to update tracker API :-(

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
AFAIK fremantle and harmattan tracker have different API/ABI. And because internal closed maemo applications using fremantle tracker it is not possible to update tracker API :-(
There's a compatibility library, look here: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/trac.../msg00020.html

Martyn Russell offered business support

I saw your emails to the Tracker mailing list and wondered if business support would be interesting to you guys looking to upgrade Tracker on your platform?

Since we have maintainers of the project working for us, we can easily offer that if it's of interest?
and I asked him to contact HF board or the community council

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
By the way, when I attempt to open a problematic video (like, Theora decoder needed) and it's impossible to play it, Open Media Player doesn't return to the list of videos; instead, the next video from the device is opened, no questions asked. Is it a bug or a hidden feature?
Imagine something similar in hildon-desktop: you attempt to launch an application from the app-launcher-grid, it segfaults, and the next application in the list is launched, instead.
Best wishes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
yes one feature request. is its possible to add Audio Balance support (left right headphone thing) ?
Just like the equalizer and gapless playback, this needs support in MAFW. Or is it possible with just PulseAudio? If not, that still might be doable, but the balance settings would be system-wide.

Ok :-) If you need some help with OMP write. Btw, what do you think about OMP stability? Could it part of CSSU (devel/testing) if other CSSU people accept it? Problem which I see is starting speed (+ hildon-status-menu freeze)
My local instance of Mantis has 52 items in it, although many of them are various ideas and tweaks, so there are maybe 15-20 things that could be classified as bugs. I guess having a public bug tracker would be nice, but I'm not sure where to set it up (is bugs.maemo.org the preferred place)?

If OMP being part of CSSU means removing the stock player, I wouldn't like to see it happen yet, as I've got only one N900 and I'd like to keep MP for comparison and to reverse engineer some things (e.g. I'm still not sure how to refresh video thumbnails or what to do when cover art cannot be found for all new songs).

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
in terms of feature parity, how close is omp to providing a 100% compatible replacement? as long as it can at least meet the functionality of stock mp then i would like to see it go to devel if not testing.
The only missing thing that I can remember is displaying the duration of stored playlists.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
By the way, when I attempt to open a problematic video (like, Theora decoder needed) and it's impossible to play it, Open Media Player doesn't return to the list of videos; instead, the next video from the device is opened, no questions asked. Is it a bug or a hidden feature?
Whatever it is, it is not on purpose. Looking at the code, you could say that every error that reaches OMP should close the video window, but error handling for videos is one of the oldest unchanged parts of OMP, so taking a fresh look at it might be a good idea.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
If OMP being part of CSSU means removing the stock player, I wouldn't like to see it happen yet, as I've got only one N900 and I'd like to keep MP for comparison and to reverse engineer some things (e.g. I'm still not sure how to refresh video thumbnails or what to do when cover art cannot be found for all new songs).
At least OMP can be pushed to CSSU-devel so only for developers and tester who know how to use CSSU-devel.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse