Active Topics

I'm using the original battery, and bought the N9 when it was first available in the States. So it's time. Any recommendations on where to buy a good battery replacement?

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
I bought this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/281108991951...84.m1439.l2649
But I bought it for $17 and after it seller raised the price and stoped delivering to Russia.
Battery looks just like original, I had a problem on the second day (phone turned off and did not start at all untill I unplug and plug back the battery (did not change it back though).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
per nokia, any battery listed on amazon as by="Nokia" is the official battery, resold by a "partner".

this may or may not be utter bullsiht, but its worked out ok for me.

i bought one of these, and my test showed > 1300 mAh. looks real enough.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Bought a battery, and naturally the very last screw needing to be removed for battery access is stripped and won't come out. If it weren't for bad luck...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
get a sharp flathead screwdriver and very very very gently tap repeatedly with a small hammer. once youve got a decent grip, give it a go.

THEN get a torx plus instead of the incorrect torx screwdriver youre probably using.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
I am using just a torx, but I am certain this screw was stripped before I touched it. The others were all easy, and I've disassembled twice now.

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Dhaka
if you considering my experience you can go to Parts4repair.com they are really good. I bought one Nokia N9 Sensor Light Flex Cable from them. The price & shipping both was reasonable as well the product.

Follow below link for N9 battery
http://www.parts4repair.com/built-in...-n9-lumia-800/

Thanks
Ananda

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pleasurebd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bahía Blanca, Argentina
Hey guys. I bought this one via eBay from a seller located in California, since Amazon won't ship it to my house in argentina.

Seems legit enough to me. You got to be careful, there's a lot of fakes going around on eBay, like this one. It should have to have a clean black side instead of the old design for user-accesible batteries. Also notice the lack of rubber rings around the cables.

Still, i'm a bit worried about getting a fake. Any tips you can give me to check it once it gets to my home? How do you do that amperage test?

Thanks in advance guys!

1100 >> 3220 >> 5310 >> 5230 >> N9

Last edited by Hambert; 2013-10-15 at 17:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hambert For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Hambert View Post
Hey guys. I bought this one via eBay from a seller located in California, since Amazon won't ship it to my house in argentina.
OMG!

Price:US $17.99
Shipping: $169.00 UPS Worldwide Express
Barnabas Collins

The Following User Says Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
OT abit, but for those looking for them, after quite a lot of trawling I managed to find torx+ drivers from Wiha.

http://www.wiha.com/england/ROOT/MAI...ales-locations

A hint when ordering, the drivers themselves are quite light but the order was bulked up with the free catalogue they sent with it, and I wonder if my delivery fee was bigger as a result. So you might save a couple of %curr by unchecking it from your order.

Tags
battery, nokia n9