Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany, Berlin
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
How doed this work? Do you need to annotate the numers somehow?
Clickable weblinks and (phone)numbers have to be activated in upper menu (button "automatic links") while a single event is open.

There is also a button for the cool new feature "Clone event".
Thankyouthankyouthankyou gidzzz!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ulle For This Useful Post:
Hi.

I just noticed that sometimes qalendar closes or crashes (don't know how to see the difference) the exact moment my by Exchange Active Sync synchronized calendar synchronized.

It happend while qualendar was in foreground when the sync started and again when sync ended (I reopened qualendar in between). Another time it happened, when qualendar was running but viewable in the - how do you call that - list of running applications?

I use qualendar configured as replacement for the stock calendar.

If I can generate a more detailed log of what happens, I'm willing to help. I probably could offer an EAS account for testing.

DerYo-->

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deryo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by deryo View Post
I just noticed that sometimes qalendar closes or crashes

It's not this is it?

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=15

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90942

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Hi.

First of all thanks for this great piece of software! Qalendar has replaced the stock calendar on my device.

I have noticed that qalendar doesn't behave exactly the same with the Calendar Home Widget (cal-home-widget) as the stock calendar does.

I use the widget to open the calendar window a lot. When I tap on it, I expect it to open the configured view (weekly, monthly, agenda) and jump to the current day within that view. Qalendar opens the correct view but the selected date is kept from when you last closed or left the calendar window.

So for example, I tap on the widget to open the weekly view. Look around changing weeks and then close the window. Next time when I tap on the widget I want to see the current week and not the week when I last closed the calendar.

I've created a patch that fixes this and hope that it will make it into the next version.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: gz widget_calls_patch.tar.gz (951 Bytes, 74 views)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to xray256 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
Thank you for Qcalendar! Just installed. It will replace my stock calendar as soon as I get used to the first day of the week setting. I have gotten so used to using Sunday as the first day of the week that visually, the month view looks wrong, haha.

The Following User Says Thank You to whayong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick message...
Qalendar 0.7.2-1. First, when going from Day-Events view to One-Event view, a white rectangle flashes on the screen - distracting. Second, when I created a new-local calendar and attempted to move an event from an old-local calendar to the new-local calendar, the event simply disappeared. And didn't reappear after reboot. Third, the new-local calendar became SYNC_CALENDAR, for unknown reason.
Overall, congratulations on clone-event functionality.
I would suggest over-complicating "where" field by addition of checkmark "map-readable". Then, when you are viewing the event, the address could be used as button-link to start map application with this address. Theoretically, calendar-alarm dialog-window could be extended by button to open route-navigation application to the address.
Best wishes. Thank you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
It is almost perfect, but one thing keeps me from using it instead of the default calendar. It's the lack of animation on changing months in the default view. I know this has been discussed before and I know your opinion on this one, but could you at least make it optional?
I remember about that, it's almost certain that there will be some kind of animation (or some other form of feedback, albeit I can't think of anything better), but I'd rather avoid overcomplicating things with animation until they are working and tested.

Originally Posted by deryo View Post
I just noticed that sometimes qalendar closes or crashes (don't know how to see the difference) the exact moment my by Exchange Active Sync synchronized calendar synchronized.

It happend while qualendar was in foreground when the sync started and again when sync ended (I reopened qualendar in between). Another time it happened, when qualendar was running but viewable in the - how do you call that - list of running applications?

If I can generate a more detailed log of what happens, I'm willing to help. I probably could offer an EAS account for testing.
If you don't use the --background switch (or have a typo in it), Qalendar will be terminated after two minutes (what sixwheeledbeast mentioned). If that's not the case and it really crashes, I might be able to fix it with just a backtrace. An example way to obtain it:
1. Install qalendar-dbg (might be not visible in HAM, use FAM or apt if so).
2. Edit "/usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.nokia.calendar.service" so that it contains an invalid executable (e.g. "Exec=/usr/bin/qalendarxxx --background"). This is to prevent Qalendar from being automatically restarted.
3. Open terminal and kill Qalendar ("killall qalendar").
4. Execute "gdb qalendar".
5. In gdb console enter "run --background".
6. Crash Qalendar.
7. When it hangs, return to the terminal with gdb and type "bt full".
8. Send me the output of the command from the previous point.

Originally Posted by xray256 View Post
I've created a patch that fixes this and hope that it will make it into the next version.
If you mean a fix -- it is there. If the patch itself -- it missed a few things (you can see my take on it here: https://gitorious.org/qalendar/qalen...d977d057c2eb8d).

Originally Posted by whayong View Post
Thank you for Qcalendar! Just installed. It will replace my stock calendar as soon as I get used to the first day of the week setting. I have gotten so used to using Sunday as the first day of the week that visually, the month view looks wrong, haha.
I think in a few releases you should be able to configure the first day to your liking.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
First, when going from Day-Events view to One-Event view, a white rectangle flashes on the screen - distracting.
I don't know why it happens, but I know that it can randomly appear in some other Qt apps too.

Second, when I created a new-local calendar and attempted to move an event from an old-local calendar to the new-local calendar, the event simply disappeared. And didn't reappear after reboot. Third, the new-local calendar became SYNC_CALENDAR, for unknown reason.
Failure when moving -- confirmed and fixed. Changing calendar type -- I can neither reproduce that nor see in Qalendar's source how that is possible.

I would suggest over-complicating "where" field by addition of checkmark "map-readable". Then, when you are viewing the event, the address could be used as button-link to start map application with this address.
Unfortunately it does not solve the problems which I explained in my previous post and the there's no place to save arbitrary checkboxes in the calendar database.

Theoretically, calendar-alarm dialog-window could be extended by button to open route-navigation application to the address.
The dialog which appears when an alarm rings is not part of Qalendar.

I have uploaded an update, Qalendar 0.8. With the possibility to import calendars from ICS files, it is yet another step closer to become a complete replacement for Calendar. There a few other changes too, most notably a fix for the data loss situation reported by Wikiwide, so I recommend to update immediately.
  • Implemented importing of calendars through mime_open.
  • Handle date change requests in launch_view.
  • Error handling improvements in the calendar editor.
  • Hide unnecessary buttons and change the title of the calendar editor when creating a new calendar.
  • Translate special calendar names.
  • Fixed disappearing components when moving them between calendars.
  • Updated translations.

Just like with Calendar, to import a calendar, open it in a file browser.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
If you mean a fix -- it is there. If the patch itself -- it missed a few things (you can see my take on it here: https://gitorious.org/qalendar/qalen...d977d057c2eb8d).
No objections at all. It provides the same functionality and it's pretty similar anyway. Thanks for including this feature.

I've noticed another small thing that annoys me from time to time. Having used the stock calendar application for a couple of years, I find myself using long taps to access the context menu in event/task view to edit or delete events/tasks occasionally. This does not currently work in Qalendar. A few changes (see attached patch) add this functionality.

BTW, I would actually prefer the longer menu texts (e.g. "Edit event") my patch implements than the original short text (e.g. "Edit") because I find context menus already fiddly enough and selecting bigger entries easier.

Cheers and thanks for the latest update!
Attached Files
File Type: gz context_menu.patch.tar.gz (674 Bytes, 61 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xray256 For This Useful Post:
@gidzzz: I've just tried to import a ics file by opening it with microb, but it only pops up qalendar and nothing happens.
Someone else experienced issues with ics import ?

NB: in order for mime_open magic to happen, I had to reinstall calendar and therefore to edit /usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.nokia.calendar.service to replace /usr/bin/Calendar by /usr/bin/qalendar, since Calendar reinstall overwrote my first modification of this file

Originally Posted by pierrem View Post
@gidzzz: I've just tried to import a ics file by opening it with microb, but it only pops up qalendar and nothing happens.
Someone else experienced issues with ics import ?

NB: in order for mime_open magic to happen, I had to reinstall calendar and therefore to edit /usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.nokia.calendar.service to replace /usr/bin/Calendar by /usr/bin/qalendar, since Calendar reinstall overwrote my first modification of this file
I'm afraid the calendar reinstall hasn't worked for me; MicroB doesn't even give me the option to open, just to save. Tapping the file in file manager opens Qalendar, but no file open dialogue.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Tags
calendar, fremantle