Active Topics

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
The other half ambience is still not downloadable when pairing it with the phone. "There was a problem with the store"

Edit: I can't download anything from the store. Seems that I ran into the same bug AGAIN. I am not willingly factory resetting my phone anymore. Android apps works ok, both store and installing.

Last edited by late88; 2013-12-03 at 20:35.

Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
Yep. hope this will be different "soon" than N900 and N9 . Is there some day number or it is only.... THE soon again? They have to update very soon.. like before they are in store.. missing facebook feeds is making me angry! That browser facebook is so bad. Why it is not remember tabs!?
I remember there would be an update interval once a month. I really suspect the big issues being solved by then. Missing facebook feeds:
Does the rootcause lie within the facebook app or OS?

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by late88 View Post
The other half ambience is still not downloadable when pairing it with the phone. "There was a problem with the store"

Edit: I can't download anything from the store. Seems that I ran into the same bug AGAIN. I am not willingly factory resetting my phone anymore. Android apps works ok, both store and installing.
I have the same problem. If I turn developer mode on, I can't use the Jolla store anymore. Only fix seems to be to reset the device to factory settings.

As a developer, a fix to this would be nice.

Edit: Ah, there's a bug if one selects the dev updates. Workaround: http://elinux.org/Jolla#Avoid

Last edited by skvark; 2013-12-04 at 16:04.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by haliava View Post
Email sync with true Exchange server is glitchy, calendar sync is almost fully broken and contacts sync doesn't work (again - N900 and N9 work fine with same server).
Update 1 fixes interoperability issues with EAS 14.x servers, after update could you please delete previous created account and create it again and let me know if you still have some glitches ?

Also Outlook.com should work fine now via Exchange.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by skvark View Post
I have the same problem. If I turn developer mode on, I can't use the Jolla store anymore. Only fix seems to be to reset the device to factory settings.

As a developer, a fix to this would be nice.

Edit: Ah, there's a bug if one selects the dev updates. Workaround: http://elinux.org/Jolla#Avoid
Originally Posted by late88 View Post

Check if you guys have enabled under SSU "Developer updates" in settings under developer mode. This will mess up your Jolla Store. I think this has already been discussed in couple of posts in here. You should not enable the developer updates. Enabling developer mode itself does not cause anything.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Update 1 fixes interoperability issues with EAS 14.x servers, after update could you please delete previous created account and create it again and let me know if you still have some glitches ?
Well, it doesn't look good.After some tinkering I did a factory reset, installed Jolla apps and added Exchange account.
Calendar and people content doesn't sync at all.
Emails do sync - but there are frequent complaints about sync errors.
Emails are now deleted fine though - but only if there is no syncing (Updating message) ongoing
All in all still unusable unfortunately.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Well, it doesn't look good.After some tinkering I did a factory reset, installed Jolla apps and added Exchange account.
Calendar and people content doesn't sync at all.
Emails do sync - but there are frequent complaints about sync errors.
Emails are now deleted fine though - but only if there is no syncing (Updating message) ongoing
All in all still unusable unfortunately.
Can you check version of Exchange support from the store app (select the app in the store app and expand the description).
Also could you check what version of EAS the device is now reporting in outlook web if still 14.x you can try to remove it from the list and recreate account again to do a new pairing, since that protocol is not supported.

Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Can you check version of Exchange support from the store app (select the app in the store app and expand the description).
Also could you check what version of EAS the device is now reporting in outlook web if still 14.x you can try to remove it from the list and recreate account again to do a new pairing, since that protocol is not supported.
Eh, I don't quite understand.
I do not see any mentioning of Exchange version in store app description, app version there is 0.1.18.10.7.1 of 09/12 - but shouldn't this be same for everyone anyway?
In outlook web client client access server version is 14.3.123.0, mailbox server microsoft exchange version is the same - but again, isn't this defined by the server?

And how exactly removing/recreating account should help - if account anyway was created after firmware update, factory reset and latest exchange client installed from the server?

Ok, so the factory reset actually wipes firmware updates as well. After installing firmware update and reinstalling/readding Exchange account I'm now able to sync contacts, e-mails and calendar just fine. Great.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to haliava For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Ok, so the factory reset actually wipes firmware updates as well. After installing firmware update and reinstalling/readding Exchange account I'm now able to sync contacts, e-mails and calendar just fine. Great.
In the longer term, AIUI it won't, but yes -- right now, factory reset literally resets to factory condition.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post: