Active Topics

I can't seem to find any messages. I Nokia Suite to sync content and apparently, messages are still there, it's just that "Messages" won't display them. Every new message vanishes as well, but appears in Nokia Suite when I sync content. What do I do...?

Rebooting didn't help.

My whole contacts data, messages and feeds as well disappeared without a reasonable argument. I can't even distinguish which might had been the cause.

I've already QADcleaned and rebooted my PR1.3 updated 16 GB Black device.

Can't figure it out for almost a week now not even begin to diagnose it, nor find a similar case for troubleshooting.

Almost every homescreen feed is missing also. I can't read a *.TXT file... and I might ocassionaly find camera issues...

Any help is welcome.

PS:
Haven't made a recent backup from Settings, neither from the Phone Company.

@lacro, I sent you a PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Pancake For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
@lacro, I sent you a PM.
I'm encountering the same problem as lacro as above. Do you have a solution to this? I already lost all my contacts and sms-es and sometimes camera not responding. Wazapp also buggy now If possible please help me thank you!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
If Nokia Suite is able to show your messages, what you should do is back them all up via Nokia Suite then do a tracker reset and restore them to your phone.

This problem usually happens due to a corruption in the way messaging-ui reads from the tracker db and since this is closed, there is no proper fix other than the above.

To reset tracker type the following in terminal:
Code:
tracker-control -r
Do remember to switch off your internet connection as the above will delete your call logs, messages and contacts. Back up your contacts too and if they are provided by a sync service, delete the sync account so that nothing happens to them due to the reset.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Hmm look through tracker logs to see why your messages and call logs disappear every few hours, its very strange for them to keep disappearing.

Logs located at /home/user/.local/share/tracker/

Once you have all your data its better for once you reset tracker (tracker-control -r) and let it begin again.
Hi,

I'm having same problem of messages gone. Here's my logs:
Code:
~/.local/share/tracker $ ls -l
2700     tracker-extract.log
95919   tracker-miner-fs.log
166792 tracker-store.log
There's 1 to 3 error per days. Usually:
Code:
"Tracker-Warning **: Could not get new ressource ID: database disk image is malformed
also have:
Code:
Tracker-Critical **: Unknow class http://semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/01/19/nie#lastRefreshed
Is there a better solution than
Code:
tracker-control -r
?
Is there hope to retreive gone messages ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
What helps for me in this case is the terminal and then:
killall messaging-ui

Then go into your messages, wait about 30 seconds and it reloads the messages.

Please try this before you go messing up your phone with the tracker command. This only takes a couple of seconds.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
HI to all..
I want to share how I restored my contacts/messages/call-history, maybe it will be usefull for someone...
Yesterday it was my first time, since I purchased my N9 (2 years ago), that I stuck without contacts/messages/call-history... Sometimes it happened before, but was always solved quickly.. Yesterday just nothing worked - reboot/shutdown/full-refresh/restart-some-processes/killall-apps, nothing...
I had last system backup from one month ago, but it enough for me, because I didn't update contacts in this period and last messages not so important for me...

The method:
1. Create new folder in /home/user/MyDocs/.backups named like system one, for example "Backup1"
2. Copy to this folder 3 files from your original backup folder:
Code:
backup.metadata
contacts.zip
messaging.zip
3. Edit backup.metadata file. Example of original one:
Code:
<backup-metadata>
  <format>2</format>
  <size>183213812</size>
  <number-of-files>71631</number-of-files>
  <timestamp>1384851119</timestamp>
  <time_for_restoration>0</time_for_restoration>  <protected>false</protected>
  <device-version></device-version>
  <notes>New_19.11.13</notes>
  <categories>
    <contacts>
      <size>108900691</size>
      <number-of-files>70374</number-of-files>
    </contacts>
    <emails>
      <size>11417919</size>
      <number-of-files>274</number-of-files>
    </emails>
    <messaging>
      <size>2982020</size>
      <number-of-files>108</number-of-files>
    </messaging>
    <organizer>
      <size>2355959</size>
      <number-of-files>21</number-of-files>
    </organizer>
    <bookmarks>
      <size>6456</size>
      <number-of-files>25</number-of-files>
    </bookmarks>
    <settings>
      <size>57349604</size>
      <number-of-files>821</number-of-files>
    </settings>
    <applications>
      <size>201163</size>
      <number-of-files>8</number-of-files>
    </applications>
  </categories>
</backup-metadata>
To this one:
Code:
<backup-metadata>
  <format>2</format>
  <size>111882711</size>
  <number-of-files>70482</number-of-files>
  <timestamp>1384851119</timestamp>
  <time_for_restoration>1387138664</time_for_restoration>  <protected>false</protected>
  <device-version></device-version>
  <notes>Only_mess-cont_19.11.13</notes>
  <categories>
    <contacts>
      <size>108900691</size>
      <number-of-files>70374</number-of-files>
    </contacts>
    <messaging>
      <size>2982020</size>
      <number-of-files>108</number-of-files>
    </messaging>
  </categories>
</backup-metadata>
4. Edit lines 3, 4, 9 (red color)
* line 3:
Code:
<size>111882711</size>  = contacts <size>108900691</size> + messaging <size>2982020</size>
* line 4:
Code:
<number-of-files>70482</number-of-files>  = contacts <number-of-files>70374</number-of-files> + messaging <number-of-files>108</number-of-files>
* Line 4:
Just change name to what you want for finding it easily...

5. Disable internet connection. I also switched off (disabled) all 4 my email accounts from the setting like suggested here by thedead1440 (thanks).

6. Open terminal and run:
Code:
tracker-control -r
7. Reboot your phone.

8. Open Gallery, Music, Video applications and leave them for a few min, when it will finish, you will see all your photos, music, video..

9. Open system backup: Setting -> Sync & backup -> Backup -> choose your new backup -> run restore. When it will finish, phone will reboot itself and you will find your contacts, call-history and messages where they should be..

Worked for me very good, it also saved all contacts parameters (ringtone, mails, facebook...)

Last edited by Schturman; 2013-12-16 at 21:00.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
My messages were not showing up once, restarting didn't make a difference. Re installed messages app and it worked.

Just thought I would throw that one out there.

The Following User Says Thank You to DJJonosound For This Useful Post:
Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
I figured I would post here instead of making an entire topic.

Sometimes while I have my N9 in my pocket dormant, I will hear the SMS tone and I will pull the phone out and see the message notification and slide to see it, but the message is not there, and all I see is the previous messages

it will then take a while to update and I will hear the click or pop noise and magically the sms I got a while ago is now in the message thread

this happens quite a bit and makes it frustrating while trying to have multiple conversations with different people.

the only thing that seems to help is if I click the messages button in all the threads and have a single messages app open.

Any thoughts on this?