Active Topics

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
I tend to look around the file system in any computer I can get my hands on. You actually learn a lot.

I have somewhere a sort-of flow diagram with the whole Maemo booting process (with all the weird upstart dependencies, etc.) Don't know if anybody may be interested, but if so I might scan it (it's on paper

Actually after posting my response above I went ahead and uninstalled the osso-startup-wizard. The N900 at least boots OK.
OMFG YES PLZ. I want. Hell, I imagine you could make a wiki page for it and it would benefit people every once in a while.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@Mentalist Traceur,

OK. I'll see if I find my stuff. At least I have a table on my google drive with *some* of the event.d scripts (I've removed many -- and don't plan to reflash --, so I'd need to do that using the stock PR1.3 image).

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
I tend to look around the file system in any computer I can get my hands on. You actually learn a lot.

I have somewhere a sort-of flow diagram with the whole Maemo booting process (with all the weird upstart dependencies, etc.) Don't know if anybody may be interested, but if so I might scan it (it's on paper

Actually after posting my response above I went ahead and uninstalled the osso-startup-wizard. The N900 at least boots OK.
Nice! I'm also interested in the scan of the sort-of flow diagram

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by dktr.k1 View Post
Nice! I'm also interested in the scan of the sort-of flow diagram
Lol in the end I didn't scan it, but sort of nicely typed it. Look in the "Maemo5 boot process" thread (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87959), or, alternatively, in the corresponding Wiki page (http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_5_boot_process).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post: