Active Topics

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
If you enter the password, the activate button changes to 'change'. You can change the password by entering a new password and pressing Change
no, the other way around, after you insert pass, activate transform to change but when you close whatsup and open again saves your last position where you were and sometimes shows change, is not visual bug, i already tested.

//no point making print screen, you'll never know if i saved a blank pass or is a glitch.

/// after all seems to be a glitch, i tried to reproduce but everything is fine now. only button activate appears.

Last edited by youFailed; 2014-11-24 at 13:08.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by tioubxancur View Post
The '1234' thing is pretty awesome

But still i couldn't get it to work,

What I did is, made some contacts private and then swiped down(this should deactivate the private options, right??)
Next i opened whatsup(private contacts not visible right now) and then entered the password and then hit activate and go back
Now the private contacts should be displayed except they are not.
Neither in the contacts tab nor in the conversation tab. If I now go back to settings it says 'change' instead of activate, that means I am still in the activated mode, but the contacts are not displayed

Can you confirm that its working in this version(v1.0.5), are you sure its not broken??
No, after entering your password, you need to disable privacy mode, so it will show all the contacts again. Don't worry, it will enable again if you shake or close (swipe down) whatsup (at least, if you have enabled those options). You can also press the "Lock button" at the upper right corner at the conversation list or contact list.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 109 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ India
No, after entering your password, you need to disable privacy mode, so it will show all the contacts again. Don't worry, it will enable again if you shake or close (swipe down) whatsup (at least, if you have enabled those options). You can also press the "Lock button" at the upper right corner at the conversation list or contact list.
Thanks a lot, finally got it

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Thanks a lot, finally got it
However, there IS a quicker way to show private contacts:
I won't spoil too much about this secret feature, but it is:
(where as "1" = "conversation list" and "2"= "contact list") good luck finding it!

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Knowhere
What if i have forgotten my password? Is it stored anywhere in some file? Or do i have to reinstall whatsup?

now i understand what each option in there actually means

But the "Enable privacy mode" option is not turned ON automatically, the private contacts are hidden though. To display the contacts again you have to put in password, turn 'privacy mode' ON then turn it back to OFF. maybe a bug

also the change button does not 'change' to 'activate' if u switch back privacy mode using shake or the lock icon on top. It turns to activate only when whatsup is closed by swiping down.

What would happen if u change your password to '1234'
Would it let you into the private settings or just say 'feature not supported' and prevent you from ever getting in??

now i understand what each option in there actually means

But the "Enable privacy mode" option is not turned ON automatically, the private contacts are hidden though. To display the contacts again you have to put in password, turn 'privacy mode' ON then turn it back to OFF. maybe a bug

also the change button does not 'change' to 'activate' if u switch back privacy mode using shake or the lock icon on top. It turns to activate only when whatsup is closed by swiping down.

What would happen if u change your password to '1234'
Would it let you into the private settings or just say 'feature not supported' and prevent you from ever getting in??
When exactly happens this? Because it does turn on over here, no problems about turning off and on again?

Change = Change password (just enter a new password in the text box and press change to change the password)

1234 as password does not work we already thought about this situation hehe

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to youFailed For This Useful Post:
Does it actually let you change the pass? What version are you using?

Does it actually let you change the pass? What version are you using?
v1.0.5
No it doesn't change password instead works as activate button, it just shows 'change'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tioubxancur For This Useful Post:

Tags
cepi rocks, cepiperez, harmattan, whatsapp, whatsup