Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I need a well made kebab. Can jolla provide discount for that or what?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-12-31 at 23:31.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I need a well made kebab. Can jolla provide discount for that or what?
If with 'kebab' you mean 'Jolla smartphone' I'm sure they can come up with another discount.
If with 'Jolla' you mean 'kebabman' I'm not sure. You'll have to ask Pichlo as I don't know kebabman.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
I had ordered a 'kebab' and as it did not taste me after all that 'pouncing' I threw it back to Jolla!

Long story:
I backed a tablet via indiegogo campaign, as I liked the idea of an "open source" tablet
I thought about also supporting Jolla further (having no need for a new phone and fully aware about its HW failures and the unfulfillness of the OS) and bought it for 249
then they came up with the "special discount" of 199 for indiegogo tablet backers
as the phone did not yet arrive I thought I would be able to receive it for the same price
as there is a 14 day online buy give back the phone could have just been denied at delivery or simply sent back
and I could have ordered via indiegogo for 199
but instead I asked Jolla (like peterleinchen pointed out) to refund partially
they came up with 'hey wait we will take care' and offered some plastic halves
I rejected and asked for an answer in time, they refused/decided to not answer in time
I waited until last minute of indiegogo campain but Jolla kept quiet
then I decided to NOT order once more (which could have been the dumb-mass-customer way | and in this case more proper and easier way) and wait for them to answer
once more: I had ordered tablet, so was fully allowed to order for 199 and at the same time had all the rights to send the other one back
it could have saved a lot of work on both sides if they just cooperated, but hey ...
as there came nothing adequate from their side after a few iterations/escalations I decided to send the phone back (as I did not feel to be treated 'fairly and equitably')
I asked for a full refund for the tablet also, as I refuse to use products of companies of such kind
as the tablet was ordered via indiegogo they said not possible
so anybodyin DE wants a Jolla tablet as they come out please contact me

Now they no money at all!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lokai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by lokai View Post
I had ordered a 'kebab' and as it did not taste me after all that 'pouncing' I threw it back to Jolla!

Long story:
I backed a tablet via indiegogo campaign, as I liked the idea of an "open source" tablet
I thought about also supporting Jolla further (having no need for a new phone and fully aware about its HW failures and the unfulfillness of the OS) and bought it for 249
then they came up with the "special discount" of 199 for indiegogo tablet backers
as the phone did not yet arrive I thought I would be able to receive it for the same price
as there is a 14 day online buy give back the phone could have just been denied at delivery or simply sent back
and I could have ordered via indiegogo for 199
but instead I asked Jolla (like peterleinchen pointed out) to refund partially
they came up with 'hey wait we will take care' and offered some plastic halves
I rejected and asked for an answer in time, they refused/decided to not answer in time
I waited until last minute of indiegogo campain but Jolla kept quiet
then I decided to NOT order once more (which could have been the dumb-mass-customer way | and in this case more proper and easier way) and wait for them to answer
once more: I had ordered tablet, so was fully allowed to order for 199 and at the same time had all the rights to send the other one back
it could have saved a lot of work on both sides if they just cooperated, but hey ...
as there came nothing adequate from their side after a few iterations/escalations I decided to send the phone back (as I did not feel to be treated 'fairly and equitably')
I asked for a full refund for the tablet also, as I refuse to use products of companies of such kind

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
It really seems that on some cases people are fairly pissed by the way Jolla has handled the campaigns. I cannot say I fully understand the reaction of either party, customer or company, but whatever the reality, feelings are always true and if you feel wronged it cannot be helped by explaining that there is no cause for your hurt

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Helsinki
...just came back to see if there is possible to get 100 discount of that 250 price?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Rockenroller View Post
...just came back to see if there is possible to get 100 discount of that 250 price?
Hahahahaha!
Do you think we would be discussing kebabs if that were possible?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by lokai View Post

Long story:

For some reason they can't change or cancel the current order. However they stated in the comments on Indiegogo that when you receive the tablet you will have two weeks in which to send it back. Just like with the phone.

Last edited by n900user259; 2015-01-02 at 13:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by n900user259 View Post
For some reason they can't change or cancel the current order. However they stated in the comments on Indiegogo that when you receive the tablet you will have two weeks in which to send it back. Just like with the phone.
Yes, what would be the same thing as with the phone (sending forth and back without a reason). Which I wanted to avoid, but it seems Jolla wants it that way ...

So I asked for someone not backed via indiegogo if he likes to receive it as early as if he did?

Down to £199 on Amazon...

The Following User Says Thank You to From Vertu with Love For This Useful Post: