Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Jolla gave the First Ones an exclusive tshirt and a back cover.

All they gave the TOHKBD supporters though was a useless discount code, wedged between the Slush discount and a permanent price drop.
The Kickstarter project "TOHKBD — The Other Half Keyboard for your Jolla" shows :

1)
Don't have a Jolla?

To every backer that orders a fully assembled TOHKBD, Jolla gives a 100E discount coupon! The coupon will be sent after the campaign ends and can be used at the Jolla Online Shop to purchase one Jolla smartphone. Jolla Online Shop delivers to EU, Norway and Switzerland. So you can get used to the phone while you wait for us to produce all units, untill the day comes and we transform your phone completely! Now is the time to jump ship and join the movement!
So this discount code of EUR100 was targetting people interested in TOHKBD v2 without a Jolla smartphone. So they could buy it at a price less than the normal price EUR349 (valid until 26/12/2014). My discount coupon sent by Kickstarter was received in 12/12/2014 and valid until 24/12/2014. So, yes, it was indeed useful to buy before Christmas (a lot of people do buy things before Christmas, of course) for people who haven't bought before December.

2)
TOHKBD-rev1 owners

If you bought a TOHKBD rev1 straight from Dirk (not second hand), you are a hero and the success of this and other projects is for a large part thanks to you! Your faith and support will not go unnoticed! If you order a TOHKBD2 now, you will additionally get a SolarTOH (colour of your choosing), a BreadboardTOH kit or a free upgrade to Signature Edition!
3)
Pledge €2,500 or more

1 backer All gone!

HERO EDITION! Upgrade everyone to get custom colouring and upgrade everyone that had that already to signature! (if they want) You get a Signature edition and a developer-model.
So Dirkvl gave us 2-3 advantages to TOHKBD v2 buyers. And he is building the TOHKBD v2 in a fast pace so it will probably be sent before the "Estimated delivery: Apr 2015".

I don't think complaining again, again, again for lack of advantages is fair with the TOHKBD v2 project and Jolla.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Life isn't fair.

If it was...Then jolla should give us discount code on extra battery. Since they clearly don't deliver and we have to buy another phone to get a battery..

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Life isn't fair.

If it was...Then jolla should give us discount code on extra battery. Since they clearly don't deliver and we have to buy another phone to get a battery..
I got a spare battery.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
I got a spare battery.
Me too. but jolla owes me 165 euro.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Life isn't fair.

Dave, you've lost the great day to buy the extra battery, it was December 9th 2014. So Jolla sold a batch of batteries, but you were not fast enough to buy it on Jolla Store.

Oh, there is still hope, Dave :
UPDATE: Closing this post since the first battery batch has been sold out. We will announce again whenever a new batch is available. Thanks for your patience!
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Dave, you've lost the great day to buy the extra battery, it was December 9th 2014. So Jolla sold a batch of batteries, but you were not fast enough to buy it on Jolla Store.

Oh, there is still hope, Dave :
I know, I came in 2 hours later to jolla shop. I mean it must have been like three batts or something. They disappeared in no time so I don't even consider it as a sale. It was a scam.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Life isn't fair.
Indeed.

As a company you cannot please all people -by definition- but you can please 85% of people if you work very very hard.

You cannot compensate people afterwards if you reduce your price, but you can deliver people what you promise -or more- at the point of ordering. Other people maybe get more for the same price one day later, but such is live.

And again, as Dave eloquently puts:
Life isn't fair.

I don't think complaining again, again, again for lack of advantages is fair with the TOHKBD v2 project and Jolla.
If any, it is counterproductive. I like to try stuff out, put random design thoughts out there and pitch possible solutions I have to any given problem.
That has the inevitable consequence that some people will not understand what I say or take it out of context without reading the last two pages -or just skim my posts- and go ahead saying
this makes me sad
All complaining here is counterproductive and destroys all flexibility to try stuff out, look how it is going and then adjust.

Constructive criticism however, that is motivating. State the problem/issue/whatever you don't like, sketch the way it should be in the future and the path you have to take to get there. That makes a change and is really doing it together.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I know, I came in 2 hours later to jolla shop. I mean it must have been like three batts or something. They disappeared in no time so I don't even consider it as a sale. It was a scam.
Yeah... To think that I passed on my chance just like that and now, less than a month later, my Jolla gets in a boot loop when my battery level drops below 30%...

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
The Kickstarter project "TOHKBD — The Other Half Keyboard for your Jolla" shows :

1)
So this discount code of EUR100 was targetting people interested in TOHKBD v2 without a Jolla smartphone. So they could buy it at a price less than the normal price EUR349 (valid until 26/12/2014). My discount coupon sent by Kickstarter was received in 12/12/2014 and valid until 24/12/2014. So, yes, it was indeed useful to buy before Christmas (a lot of people do buy things before Christmas, of course) for people who haven't bought before December.

So Dirkvl gave us 2-3 advantages to TOHKBD v2 buyers. And he is building the TOHKBD v2 in a fast pace so it will probably be sent before the "Estimated delivery: Apr 2015".

Who's complaining about lack of advantages? The only one actualy stating it in a post was HtheB.
The discussion that started after the price drop was about how badly Jolla handled the whole discount thing.

This caused people to feel wronged even though they had received the discount. It's a psychological phenomenon.

It's just a discussion.

In this case Pichlo draws a comparison between Jolla and Nintendo. What Jolla offered to TOHKBD2 supporters. It has nothing to do with the TOHKBD2 Kickstarter and the wonderful actions/possibilities dirkvl offered his supporters.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
I'm with Dave on this one (never thought I'd say this ).
What Jolla offered can't be called a batch. It was sold out in what? 5 minutes?

It's just another way to mess with peoples minds.
Yes, we have a phone with a replacable battery.
No, we don't have spare baterries to replace it with.
More than a year down the road, yes we have a batch of spare batteries, oh whoops, sorry, we don't have them anymore.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post: