Still no bitcoin handling ?
I am behind more than a single paywall,
but I would be willing to send bitcoin if I knew for certain it would arrive.

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by theonelaw View Post
Still no bitcoin handling ?
I am behind more than a single paywall,
but I would be willing to send bitcoin if I knew for certain it would arrive.
I've heard that it's being worked on.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
BTW just for the record. I wasn't there yesterday at the #maemo-meeting but thanks to Win7Mac I am on the loop.

I understand we're short of about EUR 700. Unless I get a clear NO from here I will, at some point during the weekend, make a transfer/donation of EUR 500. Hopefully the rest will come from other sources.

IF, and only if, the thing fails and we don't actually need the money in the end then I'll be happy if I get it back.

IF, and only if, people donate in the end more than necessary (e.g. because of bitcoin, etc.) then I'll be happy if I get some of it back.

Deal?

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@reinob,

Respect!

There is no way I can even approach your pledge, let alone match it. Not even if I took away one zero. But I can donate €20 as soon as I get to some money on or after 1st August. The only potential caveat is that I will be travelling between 1st and 11th and will be able to donate only if I happen to be in a WiFi zone.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
@reinob, respect, that is eornomous!
I will also donate some more but cannot match you...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Huzzahs for reinob!

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
It was previously suggested that only renewing the European trademark would be necessary. Are you still looking to renew US and Chinese trademarks or just the European one?

Would the European trademark be sufficient to protect the maemo.org domain name given that the TLD (.org) is US-based/controlled? In other words, if someone else registered Maemo trademark in the US, would they be able to seize the maemo.org domain name?

Do we care if some Chinese company starts selling products (like the MeeGo Pad that runs Windows 8) under the Maemo name?

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Are you still looking to renew US and Chinese trademarks or just the European one?
The TM never got registered in China and the agency who did the registrations for Nokia unfortunately wouldn't tell why they didn't bother to register there.
The US TM already expired beyond grace period so a new TM registration would be required. Afaik, there's no plans (and no funds) to do so.

if someone else registered Maemo trademark in the US, would they be able to seize the maemo.org domain name?
Afaik, if we hold the EU TM, no.

Do we care if some Chinese company starts selling products (like the MeeGo Pad that runs Windows 8) under the Maemo name?
I guess not, at least we can't (afford to) stop them.
At least they wouldn't be allowed to sell it under the Maemo name in the EU.
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@reinob
That is tremendous, enormous, unbelievable!!!
And it is not the first time you spent such sums for Maemo.
Not to speak for single individuals (including me ).

Deepest respect and thousand thanks.

Will double my small (in reference to your donation) sum. So do I hope others will read and follow or step in anew, that you get as much back as possible!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Afaik, if we hold the EU TM, no.
It might be a good idea to get some sort of confirmation that an EU trademark registration will indeed protect a US domain name. I'm no expect in this area but the EU and US have separate jurisdictions so I wouldn't assume anything. It's better to be safe than be sorry later on.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo, trademark