Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Well, with ~600 Tablets out there we will see at least how they manage their update process, because if it really works like they are promising it shouldn't be a problem.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
is 121 a sure number for the first batch of tablets shipped?
If so, I'm 100 short of getting a tablet

Unless they first ask others before me and they opt for the refund...100 of them.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Posted in 2016-01-22, 13:09 :
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
they buying time till MWC, they still do not have final solution but do not have balls to tell it
edit:
they do not want bad PR before MWC and new phone presentation, so they want silence and peace
So your speculation was wrong. Will admit it ?
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
is 121 a sure number for the first batch of tablets shipped?
If so, I'm 100 short of getting a tablet

Unless they first ask others before me and they opt for the refund...100 of them.
There is at least a possibility for the 540 tablet owners to opt for refund instead, as it was mentioned in the community meeting:
http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-m...-28-14.30.html

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Posted in 2016-01-22, 13:09 :

So your speculation was wrong. Will admit it ?
I can admit my mistake, after all it was speculation.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Time to charge up my dusty Jolla phone after my personal one man boycott.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Im going to miss you Dave999

February 2017:

ZogG is saying how **** Jolla are

Dave999 has boycotted every phone manufacturer and decided to start using TI Calculators as his main device

This thread will have evolved into a philosophical debate about anything but Jolla.

Last edited by Reffyyyy; 2016-03-22 at 13:27.

Anyone want to set up bets for:
-How long will the first half of refund take
-How long until they announce they can't refund everyone
-How many pissed tablet owners there are when nobody is developing software for it

I really wish they would have continued with the tablets. I understand component shortages because I deal with that myself but it seems suspicious to have no components now.. they would have needed to order thousands more for that third wave build anyway.

I didn't back until they confirmed Canada was available as a country to be shipped to so I'm well beyond that 600 tablet cutoff. I'll take my half refund and figure out how to put it to good use. I don't believe we'll get the second half though. But I'm pessimistic on Jolla's future as an OS licensee for traditional handsets. They probably should have pivoted to smart tvs / infotainment systems when they first brought up the tablet. I just don't see the value of sailfish in india/russia/etc compared to android (or even tizen) as there won't be a cost advantage on sailfish devices to cause any mass market uptake.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund