Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
https://www.technobuffalo.com/mwc-2019/

The F(x) Pro 1 is according to Techno Buffalo one of the best MWC products. They received an award already

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
No focus is a no brainer but why?
You like blurry pictures for some reason?
Camera with no focus will have no blur with anything from 50 cm. So you can't take any macro pict without an additional lens. But, there are few advantages : a smaller camera module with no mechanical parts at all, no need to focus so almost the whole picture will have no blur, and so the camera shutter is faster, you will have less blur movment than with a classical camera.
Between both kind of camera (with and without focus), there isn't really one which is better, it's only different way to take pictures.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
No focus is a no brainer but why?
You like blurry pictures for some reason?
"no focus" = "fixed focus"

In theory to "infinity". In practice, objects from a certain distance are in focus. The minimum distance depends on the optics (mostly focal length and aperture) and is usually from about 1m on classic 35mm film point-and-shoot cameras. A bit less on mobile phones due to different optical sensor size, i.e. different focal length and aperture.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Chen and F(x)Tec makes it to the BBC News website

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47364932

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
AKA MSM8998. Indeed, not bad at all. Definitely a big +1 over the Cosmo Communicator's dead-end MediaTek SoC.

I'm really impressed with how the device looks and what Chen has achieved so far. With basic SoC support already available in real Linux, now for the real question. How much are Fx Technology willing to help with mainlining their device? If this device can run real Linux, without libhybris adaptations, it would be the perfect target for Maemo Leste and I would buy it in an instant.
MSM8998 might seem dated with shiny new 855 being around. But that was the best we could get (and afford) when R&D starts.

Despite being a 2017 SoC, it's still have one of the top tier performance, which will easily out perform anything so far in 6 series, even the 710 on benchmark. We know we are weaker than SD 845 and 855, but it should be better than probably the rest of all SoCs. And it's 10nm structure has a very good reputation on power control.

Back to topic, I will PM you separately about how we could contribute or work together on mainlining the SoC. It would certainly be a good direction not relying on Hybris.

The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
MSM8998 might seem dated with shiny new 855 being around. But that was the best we could get (and afford) when R&D starts.

Despite being a 2017 SoC, it's still have one of the top tier performance, which will easily out perform anything so far in 6 series, even the 710 on benchmark. We know we are weaker than SD 845 and 855, but it should be better than probably the rest of all SoCs. And it's 10nm structure has a very good reputation on power control.

Back to topic, I will PM you separately about how we could contribute or work together on mainlining the SoC. It would certainly be a good direction not relying on Hybris.
Congrats chen to you first qwertydevice. Now just have to add that new screen make it production ready. Hope for the best.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post

Hail to king Chen, baby!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Would be really interesting if AMD Link supports the hardware keyboard so I can stream games to my phone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,704 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Being one just got to know and fell in love with N900 and trying to make most out of it - and now people call it brick and jump for joy for another device. There probably will be a day when I can feel what you feel now. Maybe I come with that also 10 years late as with N900. But I give props to chen for the achievement and posting here. just waiting to read what people can and will do with the device.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Now just have to add that new screen make it production ready. Hope for the best.
The part with the new screen I have missed, can somebody help me out?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit