Active Topics

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by Cptnodegard View Post
Save as html in word and youre done

As for Egres' mobipocket comment, does that mean it will read legally bought ebooks from the net? with drm and all that ****?
It won't read DRM books but there is a widely available script that can strip out the DRM and make your legally purchased ebooks readable in FBreader.

The Following User Says Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 170 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Norway
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
It won't read DRM books but there is a widely available script that can strip out the DRM and make your legally purchased ebooks readable in FBreader.
nice, that might be very useful!

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by Cptnodegard View Post
nice, that might be very useful!
Cptnodegard, take a look at the PS in my Post #9 in this thread.

And there you'll eventually want to find your way to Post #27.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

I agree that HTML is good for FBReader. However, not all HTML is good. For example, i have a number of books where each chapter is in a new file. It's a pain in FBReader. Simple HTML is best. Don't specify font size, page size, etc. Don't do CSS.

If your book doesn't have images, plain text is fine. Make paragraphs all on one line. And text is tiny. Compressed text is even smaller.

I also read alot using the web browser, and Evince (for PDFs). The N800 (770 and N810) is an extremely versatile shirt pocket mobile book reading platform.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
drm ebooks are easy to undo....and theres plenty of places to get the stuff to restructure the books....